Advice Request Please Suggest any Antispyware application

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
When you say spyware do you mean online identity protection/anonymity or is banking and buying on line important too? There are layers to anti-spyware too like anti-keylogging, anti-webcam capture, anti-screen capture, cleaners, scanners, etc. If you want all in one anti-spyware security, personally I think you might actually be looking for more than one app.

A.S.K

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 19, 2016
When you say spyware do you mean online identity protection/anonymity or is banking and buying on line important too? There are layers to anti-spyware too like anti-keylogging, anti-webcam capture, anti-screen capture, cleaners, scanners, etc. If you want all in one anti-spyware security, personally I think you might actually be looking for more than one app.
i want application similar to spwareblaster or superantispyware

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
its not for my PC one of my friend require
For your friend, I would recommend not to install a stand-alone anti-spyware, but an all-around free anti-malware like Avast. :)

But if your friend insists on having a stand-alone anti-spyware, the only things I could think are those two you mentioned.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reason Core Security
- Intergated with spyware scanning and Unchecky
- Free trial, thereafter reverts back to free edition without real-time protection.
Download - Reason Core Security

Standalone Unchecky application
- Install and forget
- Silently updates in background
Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear

Discussion - Reason Core Security 1.1.x Update Thread (Latest version 1.2.x)
See post 10 - Question - Is Reason Core Security worth it and how would you use it?
Edit - Working Promo -
MalwareTips Discount - Reason Core Security [60% OFF] @BoraMurdar @Exterminator

A lot of Antivirus and AntiMalware software include Anti-Spyware engines with PUP/PUA detection. Dedicated Anti-Spyware software with real-time and effective protection are rare to find.

Last edited:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
The free version of AdAware is also an option. I has been known for its great antispyware capabilities in the past with their own engine. Now for about a year or two, they also added Bitdefender engine to be able to detect more malware variants too.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Does your friend have a disgust with AVs, and so he/she doesn't have any AV installed? :) If he/she already has an AV, maybe tell him/her that he/she has an anti-spyware already.

Last edited:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
which one spyware blaster or superantispyware ?
Well, your superantispyware doesn't include free realtime protection either.
Logically, you should trust your antivirus/antimalware (your main protection) itself for realtime detection of such malicious activities (select appropriately). Supplement it with an effective on-demand antispyware like Malwarebytes or Superantispyware. This setup won't be a compromise for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.