Advice Request Please teach me about Auto-Pilot Mode and better Firewall settings as a comsumer.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamo_jisan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 3, 2016
Which is better Auto-pilot mode or normal on realtime-scanning, and "Home/Office" with Non Stealsh or "Public" with Stealth Mode on Firewall?

Hello, everyone. Thank you for your accessing here.

Now I have a question about Bitdefender Total Security 2017. I want to ask you about it.

I have just upgreaded my anti-malware software to the latest version of Bitdefender Total Security 2017(English) from last version. I was using Bitdefeder Total 2016 until the last week.

I configured the soft, and using now. It looks good. But I think that it takes too long time for me when Bitdefender updates every-hour. Then my PC is heavy a little. I feel it.
And I heard that Internet Speed is depended on Firewall settings when Bitdefender is used. I also want to improve the speed if I can it.

~Q.1~
I am going to select Auto-pilot mode due to set Bitdefender for more light, and better for using PC.
But I cannot get information that shoud I select Auto-pilot mode.
Is Auto-pilot mode safe as same as normal (manual) mode? And what settings does Auto-pilot mode configure for security of PC?

~Q.2~
I will configure Firewall of Bitdefender for get more improved Internet Speed, if I can it.
Is the setting that "Home/Office" with Non-Stealth Mode Safe enough? Do I have to turn on "Public" with Stealth Mode?

~My Settings~
1.Now I am trying Auto-Pilot Mode.
2.On-access scanning: Normal
3.Active Threat Control: Aggressive
4.Protection against fraud and phishing: Enabled
5.Scan SSL is enabled
6.Firewall is configured that...
"Home/Office" as Network Type, Enable Stealth Mode and "Generic".

Could you teach me about above questions? By the way, I may be not able to reply your answers soon in English well. Excuse me. But I will read all replies.

Thank you.

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
I think that @hjlbx is MalwareTips's user that knows the most about Bitdefender and he might answer your questions .

Darlene

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 14, 2015
Question 1:

Bitdefender1.png

Autopilot does not have an effect on the protection level. If you modify any setting, for example the "Active Threat Control" level, the setting will stay.

Question 2:

Bitdefender2.PNG

Bitdefender3.PNG

I am using the Home/Office network type, the rest is default. I don't recommend disabling stealth mode.

Reactions: Durden

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
I have problem in setting BD FW, I want to set maximum protection by select network type as public and enable the stealth mode but then I lost my mapped network drive, FW blocks it, I have to set the network type as home/work and disable the stealth mode then mapped network drive can be accessed or I have to create exclusion for certain IP address. this makes me unsure about the FW protection whether it's secure or not

kamo_jisan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 3, 2016
Hello everyone. First, I'm sorry for the too late reply.

I read all messages at this board, and the messages ware helping my choosing about Anti-malware Softwares.

I chose Avast Free Antivirus and EMET, because I realized that I cannot adopt drastic improvement about performance of Bitdefender on my PC.

Thank you very much for your comments. They ware helping my choosing about the next Anti-malware software for my PC.

Thank you;)

Reactions: Darlene and XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.