Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There is definitely no shortage when it comes to programs that add a start menu back to the Windows 8 operating system. That’s a good thing for users of the operating system as they can pick the start menu they are most comfortable working with. Most solutions share the same traits though, they mimic the Windows 7 start menu by making available the same functionality that it provides on Windows 8.

Some go the extra step and add additional skins – like Classic Shell – or the option to launch Windows Store apps from the start menu as well, like Start8 or Classic Shell.

Pokki is different. While it makes available a start menu of its own as well, it uses a completely different layout and design which some users may like a lot and others not at all. A click on the start menu button or a tap on the Windows-key opens the start menu on the desktop. It loads a favorites section by default, which features icons of programs, apps, control panel apps, and websites that you have added there. Here you also find the Pokki store app which you unfortunately cannot remove from your favorites. You can move it to the second favorites page though where it is not immediately visible.

pokkistartmenu.jpg

Read More

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
If I remember correctly I think MrXidus made a video on this when he still had his channel. This little tool would be great for Facebook.

kuva

Verified
Nov 24, 2012
i use start8 now for my win 8 ,but seems like pokki is useful.
gotta try it thanks :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
As far as I know I thought that you can also get this for Windows 7?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am pretty sure you can use it on Windows XP as well as Windows 7.The start menu might be optional on them

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
White Nobster said:
I am pretty sure you can use it on Windows XP as well as Windows 7.The start menu might be optional on them

Great, the Gmail Notifier will work great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.