Troubleshoot Pop-up when scrolling over every hyperlink!

jetta1223

Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2013
Hello,

Does anybody know what kind of program I can run to get rid of this pop-up that keeps appearing every time I scroll over hyperlinks on any webpage?

I have a MacBook Air, so I can't use the cleaners like ADW Cleaner or the rest of them which I think are only good for Windows machine, not a Mac.

I have uploaded the screensaver to show you the pop-up I am describing.

Thank you so much in advance for you help!

Best,
Dawn

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 2.42.04 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-05 at 2.42.04 pm.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 498

jetta1223

Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2013
Also, I when I login and open my browser and unusual webpage advertising video chat pops up. Do I have a virus? How can I get rid of these pop-ups and webpages that automatically appear? I am using a Safari browser on my MacBook Air.

Thank you,
Dawn

Upvote 0

jetta1223

Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2013
How do you reset a router? Do you mean router in wireless router? If so I don't use wireless. I am using a broadband and sometimes mobile stick connection.

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
You should check what programs have you recently installed. Spigot, Innovative Apps and Genio are companies known for creating malware (PUP's/adware) for MAC OS X. If you find any programs developed by these publishers, go ahead and uninstall them.
Also, I would suggest that you install Avast Free Antivirus for Mac, and perform a system scan: http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-mac

Last edited:
Reactions: Oxygen
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.