Pop Ups on Steam

skatert8

Thread author
Oct 25, 2014
Hi, first I would like to thank you for your help. I noticed this first started happening on Steam the game software. There was like highlighted text that were hyperlinks to a bunch of random information.Then Ads on the side, top, or bottom of the screen (on Steam) that were saying the usual "Your Media Player is Out Dated!", "Your system is infected!", "Update Java!", etc... I got a ad blocker on chrome but they still pop up. I even tried un-installing steam and chrome but it wouldn't work. Also I scanned my PC a few times with McAfee and it couldn't find the malware maybe because this type of infection is using one software to show ads and that is why my security isn't detecting it??

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.