Advice Request Popular periodic scanners

General Security Discussions
2 Replies 1,796 Views
Share practical recommendations that address the author's needs.

rndmblk

Level 3
I was interested in what the popular period scanners are. I reviewed the 60 most recently updated Computer Security Configuration posts that were classified as Security: Complete. The results are below. Obviously popular doesn't mean the best. I didn't count Windows Defender as I assumed this is installed for all Windows users. I also didn't count if the poster mentioned periodic scans with one of their RTP products

ApplicationCount
Hitman Pro
27​
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
23​
Malwarebytes antimalware
17​
Norton Power Eraser (NPE)
13​
AdwCleaner
12​
ESET Online Scanner
7​
None
5​
Roguekiller
5​
Avira PC Cleaner
3​
Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
3​
Autoruns
2​
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
2​
Jrt tool
2​
VirusTotal
2​
Zhpcleaner
2​
WiseVector StopX 2
2​
CCE (Comodo)
2​
Zemana AM
2​
AVG
1​
Bitdefender
1​
Desinfec't
1​
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
1​
ProcessExplorer
1​
TDSSKiller
1​
WRT
1​
Sandblast Agent Advanced (Checkpoint)
1​
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top