Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Whats the difference between this and the built in "Vulerability Scan in KAV?
Seems to do just about the same thing!?
I guess it's almost an intersection except that it scans for absence of Antivirus, Firewall and does a quick malware scan.
In short, it's for non-Kaspersky folks. Good point :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
This is actually a decent catch
Code:
Windows Explorer: display of known file type extensions is disabled
Malicious software often masks its executable file by giving it the appearance of popular file formats (documents, images, music, movies, etc.), replacing the icons for these categories. When display of a known type of file extensions is disabled, the file "image.jpg__________.exe" appears to the user as "image...". Thus, the user can run a malicious program that allows an intruder to gain control over the system and user data.

I used it but everything was fine didn't really find anything but judging from some of the replies it seems like it is somewhat useful

D

Deleted member 2913

Everything seems correctly found here...some Internet Explorer & other seems are default Windows stuffs/settings But it detects as not good.

Autorun is disabled in Windows settings But KSC mention enabled, guess wrong info?

Programs section have "removal or dustbin" icon...is it uninstaller?

Seems good little fast tool to check system & get an overview.

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hosts modified, guess related to Unchecky
I guess it's the host file in System32>drivers>etc. Happened with some others too. There may/may not be malicious entries therein.

Autorun is disabled in Windows settings But KSC mention enabled, guess wrong info?
Buggy probably. I've seen some other utilities too detect Autorun as enabled when it's disabled. Questionable!

Seems good little fast tool to check system & get an overview.
If you do not have Kaspersky, then it definitely is!
Like @nclr11111 pointed out, it basically scans vulnerabilities the same way KAV/KIS does. Scope is wide though. A lil security check :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.