Status
Not open for further replies.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Haha. I don't get why. Maybe it wants you to like Kaspersky, or maybe wants to see itself in your Profile Pic ;)

:):) You got that part covered Buddy!! ;);)

3.png

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Very useless software. Gave me some info about disabled services via device manager and that's about it.

Kind of disappointing. Kaspersky usually make great software but not this time.
Well, if it doesn't show you tons of things to worry about, isn't it a sign that your system is secure?
It does check for many points, you may check the report. I personally liked it for verifying that the basics of security are good!

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Well, if it doesn't show you tons of things to worry about, isn't it a sign that your system is secure?
It does check for many points, you may check the report. I personally liked it for verifying that the basics of security are good!

Problem is it doesn't show or do much. It's very basic. I was expecting something like Nessus.

Not sure why they released this tool. It's rather useless.

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Problem is it doesn't show or do much. It's very basic. I was expecting something like Nessus.

Well this tool seems to be made for analysing basic homelevel security. Its free unlike Nessus and the purposes of the two dont necessarily coincide. Nessus is more serious about higher levels of vulnerabilities and oriented towards professionalism mainly.
If KSC claimed that it does what Nessus kindof does, then that would have been a boo now.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016

Well, its not entirely useless. It does have its merits in regards on security and how to better secure your PC!

or in the case between me and Parsh Joke, too many can be a bad idea ;)

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Well, its not entirely useless. It does have its merits in regards on security and how to better secure your PC!

or in the case between me and Parsh Joke, too many can be a bad idea ;)
Funnily concluded joke :D Yet, instead of judging, we can put it as another nice basic security scanner.

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
It found 3 autoruns enabled on my laptop: cd/dvd/usb enabled. No great concern to me

I like this tool:)
Why not disable USB autorun? With any number of security products or usb vaccines, there are chances otherwise that system will be prone to autorun malware

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
It found only this: Windows Explorer: display of known file type extensions is disabled
Quite useless tool imo, just like their free security scan tool, it's more advertising to buy than actually do anything. It's just a nice kind of advertising for their products, but the tool itself doesn't really gave me the impression that I need it in my toolbox. Apart from KAV and KIS, TDSSkiller is the only tool they have that actually has value to me.

Last edited:

Parsh

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
It found only this: Windows Explorer: display of known file type extensions is disabled
Quite useless tool imo, just like their free securit scan tool, it's more advertising to buy than actually do anything. It's just a nice kind of advertising for their products, but the tool itself doesn't really gave me the impression that I need it in my toolbox. Apart from KAV and KIS, TDSSkiller is the only tool they have that actually has value to me.
Yes, it's like a 1-time scan for novices or for regular users who don't wanna go checking each system setting (for basic security) and reinforcements. It will suggest if some basic things are missing or if a malware is found in quickscan. Ofcourse advertise then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.