Possible iPhone malware

Infected operating system
iOS
Infected device
iPhone 10
Infected device issues
No symptoms.
Steps taken to remove the infection
none so far, I don’t know if I’m infected.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
I got sent an image from an unknown number, and I clicked on the image. The message immediately deleted. Am I infected?

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
I know I made a post in malware removal, but I think this is a better place to discuss this, cause it’s not really “malware removal”

Today, I received a message from an unknown number which had an image. Immediately, they deleted the image. I’m not sure if this is some zero day exploit like how Triangulation worked, but it could be.

I also checked, and with my iOS version, there was a vulnerability with remote code execution, and the articles I red on it said Pegasus was in the wild.

If you all could help I would appreciate that, I’m paranoid now.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It's understandable to be concerned about unexpected messages and potential vulnerabilities. However, it's important not to jump to conclusions without evidence. Since the image was deleted, it's difficult to determine the exact nature of the message.

To ensure your device's security, I would recommend taking the following steps:

1. Keep your device's software up to date to patch any known vulnerabilities.
2. Avoid clicking on suspicious links or opening unknown attachments.
3. Install a reliable security app from a trusted source and run a scan to check for malware.
4. Consider resetting your messaging app to clear any potential threats.
5. Stay cautious and vigilant when it comes to unexpected messages and unknown senders.

If you continue to experience concerns or suspect potential malicious activity, it may be best to consult with a professional IT technician or contact your device manufacturer's support for further assistance.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.