I know I made a post in malware removal, but I think this is a better place to discuss this, cause it’s not really “malware removal”
Today, I received a message from an unknown number which had an image. Immediately, they deleted the image. I’m not sure if this is some zero day exploit like how Triangulation worked, but it could be.
I also checked, and with my iOS version, there was a vulnerability with remote code execution, and the articles I red on it said Pegasus was in the wild.
If you all could help I would appreciate that, I’m paranoid now.
It's understandable to be concerned about unexpected messages and potential vulnerabilities. However, it's important not to jump to conclusions without evidence. Since the image was deleted, it's difficult to determine the exact nature of the message.
To ensure your device's security, I would recommend taking the following steps:
1. Keep your device's software up to date to patch any known vulnerabilities.
2. Avoid clicking on suspicious links or opening unknown attachments.
3. Install a reliable security app from a trusted source and run a scan to check for malware.
4. Consider resetting your messaging app to clear any potential threats.
5. Stay cautious and vigilant when it comes to unexpected messages and unknown senders.
If you continue to experience concerns or suspect potential malicious activity, it may be best to consult with a professional IT technician or contact your device manufacturer's support for further assistance.