Troubleshoot Possible virus- 2FA SMS

darkpaul13

Thread author
Feb 12, 2021
Hello,

So i have a problem with my 2FA SMS on my mobile phone.
So about 2 months ago i noticed the my 2FA messages had a typo in them: "Please use code xxxx.Thank you ! See you latter."
And i'm speaking about almost all my 2FA messages regardless of the service/site that is sending them.
I checked and in the past they we're more personalised for example "This is your code xxxx for your Sony account" etc.
Could i be a victim of a sniffing malware ?That receives the messages and fw them to me ?
Also just yesterday i noticed that when i logged for the first time on my etoro account on my PC, the message was: "Code for eToro: xxxxx" and after that i logged out and when i logged in again i received the strange messages with typos

Thank you,

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.