Solved Possibly Malicous File Drop Uknown if Infected

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Forum Veteran
Hello! I was recently downloading a file for the friend of mine on a site called ZippyShare. After hitting the download button. (Pretty sure I knew I hit the legit one) My browser opened up another outside page. After closing it I minded my own business and went back to what I was doing. When I looked it my download history I saw this strange JavaScript file. I scanned it with both VT and Zemana but it was clean. There were a few extra copies of the file in my appdata folder. Not stupid enough to activate it, but wanted to be on the safe side and know if I got infected.

NOTE: Minor detail.. I don't know if the FRST program is able to detect programs outside of the regular HD. I am using a "My Passport" drive for all my games and non-security programs.

I'm not in a hurry just wanted to have the clarification from an expert.

Thanks!!
 

Attachments

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top