Post your Speedtest.net and Pingtest.net results

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
At&t Gigabit Internet on their standard WiFi gateway funneled through two Windscribe Pro servers:
Wired I get 800+ Mbps 2ms latency > WiFi shaves it off to ~480 Mbps 7ms > Windscribe Pro does its weird thing and shaves off even more. I don't care. At a certain point Internet is just fast and I don't care if it's 100 or 1000 Mbps but I am looking for a WiFi gateway that can transmit true Gigabit speeds over the air and doesn't max out at 876 Mbps for both directions. Windscribe only adds around 1-2 ms, this is double hop btw. It's quite good. I had to experiment with locations to find the fastest double hop combo for me.

screen.png

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Actually I dont need +300 Mbps. Someone that download alot of big files would have an advance, but to normal surfing, a 100Mbps would make me a happy camper.
I've just been upgraded because I'm an old customer with all my IOTs with same ISP, so they give me small "advancements". :)

Ikke-navngivet.png

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
We upgraded with a promotion during the pandemic. The 'increased' upload speeds have helped for work. The download bandwidth has been great in the few instances we had where we needed to download large files at the same time. Still mostly overkill on the downlink side.

Speed Test 201016.png

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
With OpenWrt's SQM CAKE (low ping during load and traffic prioritization that just works oob)

1602880717632.png

Without SQM (high raw speed but everything slow downs when something maxes out the connection)

1602880807747.png

I am looking for a WiFi gateway that can transmit true Gigabit speeds over the air and doesn't max out at 876 Mbps for both directions.
You should look at enterprise class 4x4 WiFi APs to get near gigabit speeds as long as you also have a 4x4 WiFi card (they're usually 1x1 or 2x2 on most devices).

PD: 4x4 means 4 transmitters and 4 receivers

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Still not enough at the price ($20.99 approx) but hey what can you do?

I have similar results as yours, with a slightly higher upload speed at 36 mbps. I pay exactly four times as much per month as you do for these speeds.

I got this flyer in the mail today from the ISP offering me an Internet deal for only two dollars or so less a month after taxes. lol!

Can't change my vote, it seems (it was a 4). Boo, Altice! (n) You get a 1 out of 10. No stars for you either :mad:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.