Eh... it does the job. Inner city. At&t U-verse

Attachments

• abysmal.PNG
    abysmal.PNG
    32.7 KB · Views: 194

rockstarrocks

Level 21
Verified
1.0Gbps-1.4Gbps symmetrical depending on wind conditions.

In all fairness, I am downgrading this week to only 400Mbps connection because I have some special gear coming online for DPI and APT that doesn't support over around 500Mbps.

View attachment 198232
Damn that is fast. Must feel like a dream to use but must cost a fortune. Although when you go out of house everything must feel like dialup :p

Slyguy

Level 43
Damn that is fast. Must feel like a dream to use but must cost a fortune. Although when you go out of house everything must feel like dialup :p

Everything feels ancient and slow outside of the house for sure. I don't necessarily care for the area I live, but one thing I can say I love is the amazing infrastructure.

PS: Some of you exposed your WAN IP in your screenshots. Probably not a good idea to do that as it's as good as putting your full name and address on this forum.

Slyguy

Level 43
Even if you don't have a static IP?

It depends. A few years ago a buddy of mine that knows way more about DOCIS, OFDM's and ISP Provisioning showed me how he could pull provision tables and link them to individual people from non-static wan addresses. So I would almost always assume masking your gateway IP, with or without statics is a good idea.

It's also important to use a email service that strips your public IP from the email header, or use a VPN with email services that don't for similar reasons. Also with a known WAN IP, someone can pretty easily run some scans, possibly find open ports, misconfigured routers/modems and other goodies.

Burrito

Level 23
1539141720403.png

I recently downgraded from 100/100 to 50/50 because my household demand went down.... and to save a few bucks. I thought I'd end up going back to 100/100... as it's hard to go backward.

But I've really not noticed any difference... I dunno, maybe I will.

I've only had the reduced speed a few days.