Post your Speedtest.net and Pingtest.net results

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
1.0Gbps-1.4Gbps symmetrical depending on wind conditions.

In all fairness, I am downgrading this week to only 400Mbps connection because I have some special gear coming online for DPI and APT that doesn't support over around 500Mbps.

View attachment 198232
Damn that is fast. Must feel like a dream to use but must cost a fortune. Although when you go out of house everything must feel like dialup :p

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Damn that is fast. Must feel like a dream to use but must cost a fortune. Although when you go out of house everything must feel like dialup :p

Everything feels ancient and slow outside of the house for sure. I don't necessarily care for the area I live, but one thing I can say I love is the amazing infrastructure.

PS: Some of you exposed your WAN IP in your screenshots. Probably not a good idea to do that as it's as good as putting your full name and address on this forum.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Even if you don't have a static IP?

It depends. A few years ago a buddy of mine that knows way more about DOCIS, OFDM's and ISP Provisioning showed me how he could pull provision tables and link them to individual people from non-static wan addresses. So I would almost always assume masking your gateway IP, with or without statics is a good idea.

It's also important to use a email service that strips your public IP from the email header, or use a VPN with email services that don't for similar reasons. Also with a known WAN IP, someone can pretty easily run some scans, possibly find open ports, misconfigured routers/modems and other goodies.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Mines not too bad! Thought I'd share it see what you guys think. Nothing special though, could be worse. However this is on Wifi.

~LDogg

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    25 KB · Views: 572

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
1539141720403.png

I recently downgraded from 100/100 to 50/50 because my household demand went down.... and to save a few bucks. I thought I'd end up going back to 100/100... as it's hard to go backward.

But I've really not noticed any difference... I dunno, maybe I will.

I've only had the reduced speed a few days.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.