Potential malware slowing interwebs and using up tons of disk space

bigclip

New Member
Hi there!

I'm currently running AVG and Malwarebytes and nothing is picking up on what I believe to be malicious malware.

Disk usage regularly spiking to 100% (or near it) while using maybe 3 mbps, spikes on random applications, including but not only AVG, Steam, Google Chrome, Malwarebytes, and a whole slew of things before I factory reset. Just regularly seem to get high percentage spikes but it appears nothing is being used, while severely slowing my PC down. Also ever since the (approximate) infection date, I've noticed my internet is significantly slower across the board. Could possibly be unrelated but it started near the inception of the infection. Basically my computer is really bogged down, and I'm having to wait up to a minute for things like google chrome to launch on a PC I purchased in May. Post-factory-reset I'm seeing absolutely no change, and sometimes even worse performance than before.

Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope.
 

Attachments

Hello,



cmd_icon.png
Check Disk
  • Press the
    WindowsKey.png
    on your keyboard. Type cmd and right click >> Run as Administrator.
  • Copy/Enter the command below and press Enter:
  • Code:
    chkdsk C: /r
  • You should get a message to schedule Check Disk at next system restart. Please type Y and press Enter.
  • All you should do now is to restart your PC and let the Check Disk process finish uninterrupted.
Check Disk report:
  • Press the
    WindowsKey.png
    + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type eventvwr and click OK.
  • In the left panel, expand Windows Logs and then click on Application.
  • Now, on the right side, click on Filter Current Log.
  • Under Event Sources, check only Wininit and click OK.
  • Now you'll be presented with one or multiple Wininit logs.
  • Click on an entry corresponding to the date and time of the disk check.
  • On the top main menu, click Action > Copy > Copy Details as Text.
  • Paste the contents into your next reply.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top