Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
In my opinion you are well protected .keep in mind we buy system to do certain things not just to install security software

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
For Kaspersky, you can have a look at this thread to configure it for maximum security (except the TAM that allows only trusted applications to run, and it's suitable only if you do not install and run uncommon applications).
I suggest you add 'HTTPS Everywhere' and 'No-Script suite' (or similar script control) and allow scripts only on trusted/known websites as needed to your browser. You may want to add Zemana Antimalware (portable) to your list of on-demand scanners.

Last edited:

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
What I would do:
- Add Zemana
- Add HTTPS Everywhere
- Tweak Kaspersky for better protection
- Tweak uBlock Origin with hpHosts filters
- UAC up to max
- Remove Malwarebytes
Still, a very good config. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: enaph

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Here is my current configuration. Is there is anything to improve?
Which version of Kaspersky; Antivirus, Internet Security?

Safe to uninstall Malwarebytes and replace with existing HitmanPro scanner.

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Safe to uninstall Malwarebytes and replace with existing HitmanPro scanner.

Malwarebytes while only average with malware, is great for detecting PUP's and PUA's.

Hitman Pro, well, with this configuration, only benefit would be the Bit Defender engine, as the OP already has the Kaspersky engine. Maybe zemana or Emsisoft Emergency Kit would be a better choice to pair wit KIS as on demands

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Malwarebytes while only average with malware, is great for detecting PUP's and PUA's.
Unchecky.com is great at the prevention of such unwanted software.

I've read Malwarebytes Free/Premium uses a fair amount of resources and there are background services running all the time. If you ask me, it's not truly an on-demand scanner anymore.

Reactions: S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Please edit your config to reflect which version of Kaspersky you are you using.
Implement some type of system & data backup solution.
Consider CCleaner as it is usually more than enough.
HTTPS Everywhere in Firefox.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

potinglin

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 28, 2013
I edit my security configuration. anything still need to improve

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.