ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Well hidden? No it isn't.

It's easy and plain to see that Avast is suggested.
I don't think so...it's rather clear suggestion to confirm privacy policy and licence of player. Look what is underlined in phrase below picture. The same trick of Avast in the same form is used while installation of Minitool Partition Wizard Free what was mentioned one year ago on this forum
I can confirm such practice...few days ago I've installed this tool and was surprised and even shocked seeing that unfair trick.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
It's just circus or so ...I've tried one more time to install MTPW and tree next mention about this:
- unticking box about Avast installation cancels process of installation...so we can't install needed app in this way and we are redirected to download offline pack (ca 65 MB) from this page
200211121821_8.jpg
- the next (second) launching online installator give us small surprise and another offer - Booking.com :ROFLMAO:
200211121752_7.jpg
- third trial - again Avast...no others friends? :unsure:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I can confirm such practice...few days ago I've installed this tool and was surprised and even shocked seeing that unfair trick.
Well it is nasty trick for those, who just click on the Next. I guess they are paid for every successful setup, not for merely offering it.

Attachments

• capture_02092020_173627.jpg
    capture_02092020_173627.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 453
Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.