Troubleshoot pow32kwatchdog.dmp. PSU ISSUE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Hello. I think i was get bsod but not sure. Game crash to desktop and system was unresponsible ,i mean i was able to move cursour but nothing to do,because arrow dissapeared.

After 1 minute i get system reboot ( like power cut ) and logged to system.

Screen from event log:

20:17:30 reported time of unexpected reboot. There was not bugcheck.

we2.jpg

Also found file in : windows/livekernelreports/ pow32kwatchdog.dmp.

Time: 20:18:00

we1.jpg

When that happened i dont saw a BLUESCREEN on display,only simply reboot. But my question is. Is that file windows/livekernelreports/ pow32kwatchdog.dmp , was related to that unexpected reboot? Thanks

Or it was psu issue?

Monitor:AORUS AD27QD
Cpu: i7-9900K stock 4.7 with Noctua NH-D15
Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W
mb: Asus Prime Z390-A
SSD: Crucial 1TB
HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello. I think i was get bsod but not sure. Game crash to desktop and system was unresponsible ,i mean i was able to move cursour but nothing to do,because arrow dissapeared.

After 1 minute i get system reboot ( like power cut ) and logged to system.

Screen from event log:

20:17:30 reported time of unexpected reboot. There was not bugcheck.

we2.jpg

Also found file in : windows/livekernelreports/ pow32kwatchdog.dmp.

Time: 20:18:00

we1.jpg

When that happened i dont saw a BLUESCREEN on display,only simply reboot. But my question is. Is that file windows/livekernelreports/ pow32kwatchdog.dmp , was related to that unexpected reboot? Thanks

Or it was psu issue?

Monitor:AORUS AD27QD
Cpu: i7-9900K stock 4.7 with Noctua NH-D15
Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W
mb: Asus Prime Z390-A
SSD: Crucial 1TB
HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P
The file "pow32kwatchdog.dmp" is a system file that contains information on the system status at the time of an unexpected shutdown or blue screen of death (BSOD). It is possible that the file is related to the unexpected reboot that you experienced. However, it is difficult to determine the exact cause of the issue from this file alone.

If the issue persists, you may want to try running system diagnostics or stress tests to check if there is any hardware problem, particularly with the power supply. You can use tools like Prime95, FurMark, or Memtest86 to perform these tests. Additionally, updating your drivers and running a malware scan may also help to resolve the issue.

Overall, it is difficult to say definitively whether the issue is related to the power supply or not. If the problem persists, you may want to consider seeking the advice of a professional technician or contacting the manufacturer for further assistance.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.