Powershell failure or Malware?

judythe

Thread author
Jan 10, 2015
I really need help as you can see above. I am not good with computers and this is the only one I have. I have never encountered anything like this. I don't know if the powershell is really not working or if it is malware. My computer is almost non-functional and I am really frustrated. Please help.

Here is what I wrote above - if that helps.

About January 1, 2015. Computer is EXCEEDINGLY slow - almost non-functional. I keep getting a message that says the Powershell has stopped working. I cannot download ANY files and I get a message saying my security setting is too high. It is at Medium. I tried downloading the Farbar Recovery tool and neither the 64 bit or 32 bit would download. I tried to allow the Apple guy to remote into my computer to deal with an I Phone issue (not related to this) and he cold not get in. I am at a loss here.

judythe

Thread author
Jan 10, 2015
I have tried several times to download and run the Farber Recovery Tool unsuccessfully as I stated in my original post. I tried downloading the Farbar Recovery tool and neither the 64 bit or 32 bit would download. It takes hours to accomplish what used to take minutes - if I can even get into my computer or the internet. I did purchase and install a WIFI hub hoping that might help with speed despite the malware issue but it did not help. I have read the guide you sent and I am so sorry I cannot do as you ask. Is there another way I could download a recovery tool? I keep getting a message that says my security settings will not allow the download - of ANYTHING. But the settings are at medium. Also Avira keeps kicking back a message that says there is some thing that starts with a HTML/Rce that is trying to cause problems. I would write the whole thing but I am afraid it will cause a problem on your site.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.