pranjan's config

pranjan

Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
i want to use a security software along with the bitdefender TS 2013. which one should i use ?

D

Deleted member 178

RE: compatible security software ?

you have Bit Defender TS and Kaspersky IS on the same machine?!!! if yes, you must remove one of them, it will create conflicts, slowdown and make you system unsecure !

this is the most heavy config i saw :D

You can replace the one you will remove by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or Emsisoft Emergency Kit

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: compatible security software ?

You can add Lastpass, WOT, and Ghostery to Chrome as well. Apart from that like Umbra said having 2 AV's installed, must be pretty heavy on the system.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would advise against testing any AV on a Work PC, let alone a Home PC.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
You are using 2 security products KIS & BIS. i would recommend you to remove one of them i would suggest to uninstakk BIS because KIS is more better as compared to BIS.

P

Plexx

Unknown said:
You are using 2 security products KIS & BIS. i would recommend you to remove one of them i would suggest to uninstakk BIS because KIS is more better as compared to BIS.

Considering OP is using BitDefender TS as main, KIS can be uninstalled.

It solely depends on what the user requires from either BIS or KIS.

Neither is better than the other. Both have pros and cons.

If you wish to tell a user to use Product A over Product B, provide some info, otherwise no one will understand why.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Biozfear said:
Considering OP is using BitDefender TS as main, KIS can be uninstalled.

It solely depends on what the user requires from either BIS or KIS.

Neither is better than the other. Both have pros and cons.

If you wish to tell a user to use Product A over Product B, provide some info, otherwise no one will understand why.

Sir i have already used BIS it slows down the pc a lot i think as compared to KIS i would prefer KIS to use as his own choice what he want to use.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
pranjan said:
i want to use a security software along with the bitdefender TS 2013. which one should i use ?

you are currently using KIS i would suggest you to uninstall any of product should not use 2 antivirus products.

I Would suggest you to use some second opinion scanners.

On-Demand Scanners (All of Them) (Recommended)
-Malwarebytes
-Comodo Cleaning Essentials
-Emsisoft Emergency Kit
-Hitman Pro (Scanner Only)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

If you don't mind paying for it, MBAM Pro, so long as there are no conflicts (hangs, freezes, BSOD's, extremely slow start ups, etc.).

P

Plexx

Unknown said:
Sir i have already used BIS it slows down the pc a lot i think as compared to KIS i would prefer KIS to use as his own choice what he want to use.

I have also used both and both didn't slow the pc down unless we talk about gaming but that is a side topic.

My only reason to recommend you to show some based on your recommendations is because not everyone at first glance reads every post every day :)

Mind if I ask what is the benefit in having all 4 on demand scanners that you have recommended? Pros and Cons?

ZOU1 said:
If you don't mind paying for it, MBAM Pro, so long as there are no conflicts (hangs, freezes, BSOD's, extremely slow start ups, etc.).

Having MBAM Pro would only result for web protection mainly and either BD TS or KIS perform very well on that area.

One thing to note: MBAM Pro does consume some RAM (not to be mistaken with lightness in general), so the user who uses MBAM should be aware of exactly how much RAM the system has, how many processes running, how many processes and RAM are running/used whilst using daily operations (i.e. Using photoshop + 4 pages of chrome + playing music using itunes = that alone would have some high RAM usage).

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
What work do you do that requires two Antiviruses?

People get along well with a single basic free AVs like Avast! or MSE/Windows Defender, so 2 major Security Suites is an overkill! You state that you posses Advanced knowledge about computers, and so I recommend that you use that knowledge and common sense to protect you from malware. :)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Biozfear said:
I have also used both and both didn't slow the pc down unless we talk about gaming but that is a side topic.

My only reason to recommend you to show some based on your recommendations is because not everyone at first glance reads every post every day :)

Mind if I ask what is the benefit in having all 4 on demand scanners that you have recommended? Pros and Cons?

Sir Please tell me the Pros & Cons of 4 them just for knowledge

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
HitMan Pro utilizes 5 scanning engines from Dr. Web, IKARUS, Bitdefender, Emsisoft, and G Data. It also has "forced breach mode" which hammers any malicious processes that interfere with scanning, detection and removal. It usually completes scans in under 3 minutes, and in most cases, 2 minutes. It also has a cloud, which all but wipes out false positives.

P

Plexx

Unknown said:

I'm confused here. You recommended 4 on demand scanner but asking me to list pros and cons?

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Unknown:
Bis is not heavy as it used to be.Biozfear had reviewed BIS 2013 and it had some problem 3 months back but with new updates it become ultra light.Believe me i am using it on laptop.

The pros and cons of all 4 on demand scanner:
Pros:you will get excellent detection even if your av misses without using resource.

Cons:Have to download and spend some extra mb for update (no problem if you are on unlimited plan).Have to give some time to scan and sometime get FP.

Thanks

P

Plexx

Stranger said:
Unknown:
Bis is not heavy as it used to be.Biozfear had reviewed BIS 2013 and it had some problem 3 months back but with new updates it become ultra light.Believe me i am using it on laptop.

The pros and cons of all 4 on demand scanner:
Pros:you will get excellent detection even if your av misses without using resource.

Cons:Have to download and spend some extra mb for update (no problem if you are on unlimited plan).Have to give some time to scan and sometime get FP.

Thanks

I first reviewed BIS when it was first released, that is why my text review refers to a rushed out of beta product.

Agree that a lot has been improved but still areas that require urgent attention in my opinion which are being overlooked. One may say: oh scan speed is so slow, no worries, go make a coffee, watch a movie and come back.

A valid argument if the user has the time to spare and does not require the use of the system whilst it is scanning.

Time it takes MSE to scan 40gb of data is nearly 50% less than BitDefender, while MSE is known to be slow.

On the second and 3rd try of attempting to revisit BitDefender (Earth was using it at the time), I couldn't update and checked the forums and many users reported such issue. Ended up downloading a week old signatures and the auto update was bugged. turning it off would turn off auto pilot and I wanted to specifically review auto pilot actions.

So that was put aside again.

Edit:
Unknown said:

The request to give pros and cons is in this thread in order not to hijack the thread and to allow easy access to the public.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread hijacked by Unknown ;)

everybody replied here except the Original Poster :lolz:

pranjan

Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
thank u for replyng to this thread.....as some users asked y i use two av, the answer is bis is permanent antivirus and kis is just an extra tool..........i keep it off unless i come across some heavily infected usb drives....anyways, now i am on win 8.1 pro where no av excpt kis works :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.