Prevent self-developed software from being diagnosed as a virus

Chau Chun

Thread author
May 31, 2019
Let me describe my situation, I develop some accounting software of VB winform to use, normaly my software will modify registry to set offcie trusted location and whether the user who reads in registry has admin authority. However, I found here that it is no problem for VirusTotal to scan my exe on the first day after I developed the software. But after a few days, VirusTotal will appear and say that my exe is a virus,this makes my exe in the another computer antivirus detect as a virus, even if I run scaning on VirusTotal on the first day.
  1. Why is it not a virus on the first day, but later diagnosed as a virus?
  2. Is reading registry or modifying registry the cause of the diagnosed virus?
  3. Any documentation or any behavior that is not allowed?
  4. What can be done to avoid this problem other than to file a false positives list after it is detected as a virus

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Let me describe my situation, I develop some accounting software of VB winform to use, normaly my software will modify registry to set offcie trusted location and whether the user who reads in registry has admin authority. However, I found here that it is no problem for VirusTotal to scan my exe on the first day after I developed the software. But after a few days, VirusTotal will appear and say that my exe is a virus,this makes my exe in the another computer antivirus detect as a virus, even if I run scaning on VirusTotal on the first day.
  1. Why is it not a virus on the first day, but later diagnosed as a virus?
  2. Is reading registry or modifying registry the cause of the diagnosed virus?
  3. Any documentation or any behavior that is not allowed?
  4. What can be done to avoid this problem other than to file a false positives list after it is detected as a virus
That is normal. You have to upload your installer and executables to AV vendors and ask for whitelisting. For example:
There was a mail method for Emsisift:
fp@emsisoft.com

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.