Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I am fighting them by supporting Mozilla and other organizations and by using VPN open source apps and apps to block Goolag and M$ tracking if they can't get my data they can't sell it.
It is OK. But, why someone should give his data to anyone. Mozilla and VPN providers can sell your data without your knowledge - can you be sure they will not do it? Personally, I do not think that they are more honest than M$ and Goo$le. Not, when the money is involved.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Like manifesto v3 they broke ublock origin and use there own adblock that will allow tracking and ads
They have announced nothing, you can only speculate about it. And its not because they dont like ublock origin, its because theyre making the web better, by making browser even faster, theyre going further so will the adblocking mechanics in future

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Everything Goolag do is for profit. About the adblocking mechanics they just want to show there ads and make profit they are gonna say they will show only good ads and block malware but they are doing it just for profit, adblocking mechanis we have now are fine.
Any and all of the rhetoric you have typed hold no factual content, only your own biased opinion and failed interpretations of nuanced speculation.

Also based off your own quote you are massively incorrect. "About the adblocking mechanics they just want to show there ads and make profit" this is completely your own assumption, joko. Please look at the facts which are there to find out on search engines. Adblockers do not fit into Google business as a company, this would be their way of making Adblocker on Chromium based browsers a thing of the past, again just my assumption, but more practical than the argument you placed forward.

~LDogg

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Because they need money, Mozilla doesn't let Goolag tracking to the firefox so Goolag just pay firefox money with out getting something back.
What Google gets in return is having Mozilla set Google as Firefox's default search engine, which one could argue is rather hypocritical for a company that loves to preach about itself being so pro-consumer.

Last edited:

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
jokobooks an ancient wise man from my country said
1_YKUklA-YdldLBZYOo72CLw.jpeg

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The arguments are numerous and audience specific.
In brief, all modern browsers are good enough, but only one browser does good.
Personally, I like that you support Mozilla. I can understand why you want to do it, and why you feel right to convince others to do it. Yet, I do not like the idea, that everyone should do it.:unsure:
I cannot see why someone who likes supporting M$ or Goo$le, have done something wrong, especially after being infected when using Firefox.
The same is true for AVs. There are some people who probably do not need AV (like you possibly), but there is no proof that it is true for most people. Furthermore, I do not believe that you could prove such a statement.(y)

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Personally, I like that you support Mozilla. I can understand why you want to do it, and why you feel right to convince others to do it. Yet, I do not like the idea, that everyone should do it.:unsure:
I cannot see why someone who likes supporting M$ or Goo$le, have done something wrong, especially after being infected when using Firefox.
The same is true for AVs. There are some people who probably do not need AV (like you possibly), but there is no proof that it is true for most people. Furthermore, I do not believe that you could prove such a statement.(y)
Basically We are in a forum to exchange views. Νot to impose views :sneaky:

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
The arguments are numerous and audience specific.
I like taking a broad view: when you support Mozilla by using Firefox, you're supporting an organization where
And we've done it all in the open, for the benefit of the public, under open source licenses.
If you care about the Web as a public commons, then you care that it's built on open and interoperable standards. And that's currently under threat of dominance by Google. The only way to avoid a monoculture is to actively choose independent browsers: Firefox or Safari.
And if you believe incentives matter, that someone should be building a browser without a profit motive—to keep everyone else honest, if nothing else—then there's only one real choice.
In brief, all modern browsers are good enough, but only one browser does good.

These things are awesome, especially web assembly. DoH in FireFox is also awesone

Linux is also pretty awesome these days too but From Win7 onwards I prefer windows for Desktop.

Likewise for my browser I prefer Chrome. I find it more configurable, lighter, more secure.

In the privacy space it’s clear who wins, it’s also a monopoly issue and personally I think anti trust needs to kick in for big tech and more GDPResque laws need to be drafted.

but if I were to compromise security a little or privacy a little, I’d compromise privacy. So it’s Chrome , it’s not a one dimensional decision

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
I am fighting them by supporting Mozilla and other organizations and by using VPN open source apps and apps to block Goolag and M$ tracking if they can't get my data they can't sell it.
What OS do you use? What antivirus do you use? I hope you're not using any Windows or Android mobile and any services that are part of Google and Microsoft like Gmail, GDrive, Onedrive etc. If any of them is yes then sorry my friend you are already being tracked. In today's world and Internet you will be tracked and you cannot do anything about it. It's not possible to maintain 100% privacy.

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Ubuntu also collect data by default. All these companies have to survive somehow. How do you think they get money? On trees?

jokobooks if you want privacy turn off internet, throw away your smart phone and don't go out of house (surveillance cameras and similar things)

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I think that @jokobooks, do not like the way used by Microsoft and Google to gather the private information about users. This is OK, we do not like that, too. He has the right to use Firefox and block Windows telemetry. Yet unfortunately, his personal point of view was presented by him as a general statement, and that should be avoided on MT. Such general statements are usually not true for other MT members. There does not exist the single one, privacy & security solution for everybody. People have different needs, skills, and preferences.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.