New Update Privacy Tweaks!

icarus

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 29, 2021
hello i find this extention and kind of its working but anyone in here know and use this ?LINK
i only need those options so if you know any other good addon to block those please tell me the name:
Screenshot 2021-11-02 034328.png

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I personally wouldn't recommend using an extension for that. There are still websites with about:config tweaks for Firefox that are updated regularly.
Here are some of them mentioned by @oldschool in another thread:

You might want to check out my config. I have a list of some useful Firefox privacy tweaks. Only enable them, if you actually know what you are doing. (y)

For enhanced privacy and security I recommend those basic ones. They are effective but usually don't have a huge (negative) impact on browsing:

1. privacy.resistFingerprinting = true (Probably the only one that might conflict on some pages. As the name indicates, it protects you from browser fingerprinting. Read more here: Firefox's protection against fingerprinting | Firefox Help)
2. fission.autostart = true (Enables site isolation for enhanced security)
3. pdfjs.enableScripting = false (Disables javascript within PDFs to prevent possible attacks that are using javascript)
4. webgl.disabled = true (Prevents sites from seeing your graphics card model)
5. geo.enabled = false (Prevents sites from seeing your location. It can still be tracked by using your IP)
6. media.peerconnection.enabled = false (Disables WebRTC which prevents IP leakage while using a VPN)
7. browser.send_pings = false (Prevents websites from tracking your clicks. Not the ultimate solution for this problem, but it helps)
8. network.IDN_show_punycode = true (Helps detecting fake websites by showing the punycode of websites. Here an example of how it can help: Impersonated Brave.com website pushes malware)

Obviously there are way more tweaks, but I think those are good starters. :)

Edit: Site isolation is now enabled by default in the new Firefox 94 version.

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Forget adding more extensions to enhance privacy, especially outdated ones as posted above. Stick with an adblocker and choose a browser that handles other "privacy" features internally. With FF you have many options as @SecureKongo posted. Or use Brave or Tor. Browsers implement these features better than extensions.

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

@icarus

The author of Privacy Tweaks (Leonard Compson) also has individual fingerprinting extensions for Audio, Canvas, Font, WebGL and WebRTC (the last is not needed on Edge). You configure those individual extensions to show a notification when they block something. Surf to the websites you use to visit a lot. When you don't get no notification. you know whether it is worth to use Privacy Tweaks with your surfing behavior.

Regards Kees

icarus

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 29, 2021
I personally wouldn't recommend using an extension for that. There are still websites with about:config tweaks for Firefox that are updated regularly.
Here are some of them mentioned by @oldschool in another thread:

You might want to check out my config. I have a list of some useful Firefox privacy tweaks. Only enable them, if you actually know what you are doing. (y)

For enhanced privacy and security I recommend those basic ones. They are effective but usually don't have a huge (negative) impact on browsing:

1. privacy.resistFingerprinting = true (Probably the only one that might conflict on some pages. As the name indicates, it protects you from browser fingerprinting. Read more here: Firefox's protection against fingerprinting | Firefox Help)
2. fission.autostart = true (Enables site isolation for enhanced security)
3. pdfjs.enableScripting = false (Disables javascript within PDFs to prevent possible attacks that are using javascript)
4. webgl.disabled = true (Prevents sites from seeing your graphics card model)
5. geo.enabled = false (Prevents sites from seeing your location. It can still be tracked by using your IP)
6. media.peerconnection.enabled = false (Disables WebRTC which prevents IP leakage while using a VPN)
7. browser.send_pings = false (Prevents websites from tracking your clicks. Not the ultimate solution for this problem, but it helps)
8. network.IDN_show_punycode = true (Helps detecting fake websites by showing the punycode of websites. Here an example of how it can help: Impersonated Brave.com website pushes malware)

Obviously there are way more tweaks, but I think those are good starters. :)

Edit: Site isolation is now enabled by default in the new Firefox 94 version.
im useing edge

• HaHa
Reactions: Kongo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.