Battle Privacy: ZoneAlarm Vs Trend Micro Vs AVG

between those 3 product which one is more secure in terms of privacy and telemetry data?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Compare list
1. Zonealarm
2. Trendmicro
3. AVG
Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
5month ago we report that and another 5 problem to them but they dont give a thing about those bug with this level of attention to the users its not worth to renew or buy again (protection good-privacy too good)but bugs(old+new) are out there and customer support is aware of some but they not give a damn so not worth the time for report again and again.
You have legally purchased G Data license, right? Not some pirated copies?

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I would trust AVG the least amount out of those 3, especially now it's owned by Avast who had that privacy scandal with their own product, and malware issues with their other product CCleaner.
The privacy scandal was on Avast's side, if I'm wrong AVG had not been acquired by Avast yet, although the headquarters of both companies are located in the same country in the Czech Republic. If I am wrong about the privacy scandal by avast whether it was before and after avast acquired AVG correct me if I am wrong.;)

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
The privacy scandal was on Avast's side, if I'm wrong AVG had not been acquired by Avast yet, although the headquarters of both companies are located in the same country in the Czech Republic. If I am wrong about the privacy scandal by avast whether it was before and after avast acquired AVG correct me if I am wrong.;)
It was acquired at the time of scandal and the two code bases were already merged. The privacy scandal was way overblown out or proportion. Users were actually asked with a prompt whether they allow this collection or not. Avast provided details about it, but users love to just ferociously click ahead without even reading.

Nevertheless, what they’ve done was a bad move on their side. Every business makes mistakes. From Microsoft with Windows Vista to Dyson with their contrarotator washing machine to Apple with the “butterfly” keyboard mechanism. The list keeps going on, this video contains some of the failures:

Once businesses have realised they’ve made a mistake (as the Avast case was) they can do the necessary to avoid it in the future.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
is government lawyer use this kind of stuff in their system?
I always ask and never assume. Everyone can use anything, you never know.

Since you are paying customers of G Data, it is their duty to either provide fix for the issue or explain how it can be prevented. G Data has not done it in this case according to what you are saying, so you are right in your post number 43.

There are better designed solutions than G Data anyway.

• +Reputation
Reactions: Ailean33

Ailean33

Thread author
May 8, 2023
You have legally purchased G Data license, right? Not some pirated copies?
check he still have sub but he had enough of those annoying bugs.

I always ask and never assume. Everyone can use anything, you never know.

Since you are paying customers of G Data, it is their duty to either provide fix for the issue or explain how it can be prevented. G Data has not done it in this case according to what you are saying, so you are right in your post number 43.

There are better designed solutions than G Data anyway.
me and my mother use f-secure and both of us like it but my father :rolleyes:we never had problem with f-secure also before f-secure we used bullguard but right now there is no bullguard and we dont like that norton tools.so we get f-secure.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-09 230746.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-09 230746.png
    216.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot 2023-05-09 230722.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-09 230722.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 92

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
a German lawyer might (G-Data) ? My wife worked for US Gov't not too long ago, and NO whatever this thread is about, NO not even close.
I asked if it was pirated. The answer is lawyers don’t use pirated software. This is what’s meant there.

• Thanks
Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.