Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I come across PrivacyFix on Chrome WebStore, but I'm a little sceptical about using it when it comes to what it can access and modify.

If any of you use or have experience with this Extension, please let me know.

Homepage - https://privacyfix.com/

Requested access
  • Access your data on all websites
  • Read and modify your browsing history
  • Access your tabs and browsing activity
  • Manage your apps, extensions, and themes
  • Manipulate settings that control websites' access to cookie, JavaScript, and plug-ins

Attachments

• PF-CHROME.png
    PF-CHROME.png
    16 KB · Views: 552
N

Nige_40

RE: PrivacyFix - sceptical about using it?

Earth said:
I come across PrivacyFix on Chrome WebStore, but I'm a little sceptical about using it when it comes to what it can access and modify.

If any of you use or have experience with this Extension, please let me know.

Homepage - https://privacyfix.com/

:D

I used that and it was great at first, then I came up with many problems. But as soon as I removed it, everything was good again.

So that is my experience with that piece of software.

Maybe other people may not get any problems, but I did! but this came into effect after a good 7 days of using it

Nigel

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Earth said:
Requested access
  • Manipulate settings that control websites' access to cookie, JavaScript, and plug-ins

That is privacy invasion, i may not be using it for sure :p

N

Nige_40

madyrocksin said:
Earth said:
Requested access

Was all that info in the small print madyrocksin :D or was that on the bottom left under Earth post for that software :)

privacychoice

Dec 10, 2012
Hey folks, happy to answer any questions you have about Privacyfix. In designing it we were really careful to avoid any bookmarks, history or social network information from being transmitted from the browser. In fact, to avoid this we download our entire database of tracking and website data and do all of the processing in the client, so nothing is transmitted (and we even delete our logs from these requests so that we don't retain IP addresses). The Chrome warning that you see is required because the extension can access this information, but it does not mean it is transmitted. It is not. You can prove that by running Privacyfix with httpfox or a proxy sniffer and you will see this information does not leave the browser. Please let us know at contact-at-privacychoice.org if you have any questions!

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Nige_40 said:
madyrocksin said:
Earth said:
Requested access

Was all that info in the small print madyrocksin :D or was that on the bottom left under Earth post for that software :)

the later :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.