Advice Request Problem at Windows 8

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morvotron

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
First of all, i'm not sure where to post it. If this has to be moved, please do.

I've installed GData a few days ago, and since then performed a few different scans, and removed lots of stuff Kaspersky didn't even notice about. The thing is that since that malware removal, Windows has been having trouble to login. I mean, when i turn my laptop on, and i log in into my Windows 8 account, the screen goes black but i still can see the mouse, like if it was loading. It never does. Despite this, if i reboot my computer, most of the times it logs in normally. Maybe at the third. Pretty annoying.

QUESTION: is there any software i can use to repair this? Maybe any hard drive scanner? I'm not sure how to respond to this. I thought about HDD regenerator but i'm not even sure that's the case.

Thanks in advance.

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I do not know if this may be your problem, but that Kaspersky Rescue Disk has saved my notebook once.

Reactions: Morvotron

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
SFC has saved me many times, most important to remember is to allow it to finish and reboot weather it asks you to or not then run it again, and do this till it reports that it has found no errors. PeAcE

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
First of all, i'm not sure where to post it. If this has to be moved, please do.

I've installed GData a few days ago, and since then performed a few different scans, and removed lots of stuff Kaspersky didn't even notice about. The thing is that since that malware removal, Windows has been having trouble to login. I mean, when i turn my laptop on, and i log in into my Windows 8 account, the screen goes black but i still can see the mouse, like if it was loading. It never does. Despite this, if i reboot my computer, most of the times it logs in normally. Maybe at the third. Pretty annoying.

QUESTION: is there any software i can use to repair this? Maybe any hard drive scanner? I'm not sure how to respond to this. I thought about HDD regenerator but i'm not even sure that's the case.

Thanks in advance.
Did you look to see which programs are set to start with Windows? Do you have any System Restore point on which you can revert upon? Did you update any of the drivers?

That black screen could happen for many reasons, you could try to download Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro and see if you can apply any of the fixes.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

PS. I've had some issues with G-Data in the past, their clean-up is not that great, and when I've tried to uninstall G-data I've also encountered a black screen when logging in.. Don't want to rant against this product, just want to let you know my experience. So it could be related to G-Data.

Last edited:

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
Can you start in safe mode without problems? Do you have one or 2 video cards on your laptop (maybe the onboard one and a separate one)? If you have 2 check under device manager if both are active/enabled...on my laptop I had both enabled and had black screens from a long time before windows could start.
If you can start in safe mode I would run Zemana antimalware from there.
Then I would run as administrator sfc /scannow.
What kind of stuff did Gdata find?
Adware, trojans...?

Reactions: Morvotron and Jack

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
One of the possible problem can be where Gdata's effects on boot up/shut down times influence, since files contain critical drivers to run from kernel for higher privilege. But better yet follow the preliminary examinations since sometimes those issues often happen on localized or isolated.

Morvotron

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Try sfc /scannow using command line console.

Try Baidu System Repair Tool: Baidu System Repair Tool

I ran it since you told me a couple of times and it does detect some errors but refuse to repair them.

Can you start in safe mode without problems? Do you have one or 2 video cards on your laptop (maybe the onboard one and a separate one)? If you have 2 check under device manager if both are active/enabled...on my laptop I had both enabled and had black screens from a long time before windows could start.
If you can start in safe mode I would run Zemana antimalware from there.
Then I would run as administrator sfc /scannow.
What kind of stuff did Gdata find?
Adware, trojans...?

Mostly junk, adwares, and unwanted software.. I do can enter into safe mode, Zemana found nothing..

One of the possible problem can be where Gdata's effects on boot up/shut down times influence, since files contain critical drivers to run from kernel for higher privilege. But better yet follow the preliminary examinations since sometimes those issues often happen on localized or isolated.

Never had a problem with GData till it started deleting and quarantinening files..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.