Troubleshoot Problem reading this document

sulli43

Thread author
Jan 30, 2017
Greetings,
Please help me to solve my problem with Microsoft Office Word 2016. When I try to open one very imporrtant docx format file I get this error message: "There was a problem reading this document ".
So my question is, how to repair word?
Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this.

Reactions: SHvFl

Greetings,
Please help me to solve my problem with Microsoft Office Word 2016. When I try to open one very imporrtant docx format file I get this error message: "There was a problem reading this document ".
So my question is, how to repair word?
Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this.

10+ ways to recover a corrupted Word document - TechRepublic

If none of the above works, then it is possible the file is damaged beyond repair.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If possible, request another copy (ie. Document received via Email) or download again from it's origin (ie. Intranet or Website) and try again.

Did you have any better luck from @Lockdown and @SHvFl suggestions?

Reactions: SHvFl
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.