Not open for further replies.

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
I've an unique problem with Firefox. It becomes very difficult to visit this forum with Firefox browser because whenever I tried to log in to MT then Firefox freezes and its even impossible to write comment. I'm noticing this since 2/3 days. To day I uninstalled firefox completely and reinstalled the old version 30 and seems okay now.

I removed almost everything with revo uninstaller pro but when I reinstalled the older firefox everything came back including bookmarked sites,addon etc. why? any idea?

Anybody facing same problem like me ? Is there any solution for it? A quick solution/feedback from the experts will highly be appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
sid_16.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
no problem here. firefox working great.

addons: xmarks, lastpass, adblockplus, idm , traffic light, whois

no java installed

using qihoo IS.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Go to %AppData% and delete Mozilla folder.

Revo is not that good, try Geek Uninstaller next time ;)

Reactions: Kent and kev216

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Okay I got it but what about my main problem (unable to login to MT or post comment) freezing/crashing?

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
I've an unique problem with Firefox. It becomes very difficult to visit this forum with Firefox browser because whenever I tried to log in to MT then Firefox freezes and its even impossible to write comment. I'm noticing this since 2/3 days. To day I uninstalled firefox completely and reinstalled the old version 30 and seems okay now.

I removed almost everything with revo uninstaller pro but when I reinstalled the older firefox everything came back including bookmarked sites,addon etc. why? any idea?

Anybody facing same problem like me ? Is there any solution for it? A quick solution/feedback from the experts will highly be appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
sid_16.
Download a fresh copy at here:https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Try Firefox in safe mode, check if that works ++ Click Help > Restart with Add-ons disabled

Try the safe Reset ++ Click Help > Troubleshooting Information > Reset Firefox

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Try Firefox in safe mode, check if that works ++ Click Help > Restart with Add-ons disabled

Try the safe Reset ++ Click Help > Troubleshooting Information > Reset Firefox
Already I'd the reset firefox then it didn't help again I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Now I can login and writing this comment but previously with ver.31 it was impossible for me to visit MT.

The add on are- adblock plus, donottrackme, noscript, traffic light and vtzilla .

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Now, I found the problem that why does firefox freeze at MT and other site where excessive media contents are there i.e pictures/videos etc. But can't find any solution. Can anybody help me resolving my problem ?
Thanks and regards,
sid_16.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Can you access the site with no add-ons?

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
I disabled all add on and tried to log in to MT but found no improvement.. same freezing!

Edward ST

Level 3
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
Simple method:
If you have installed Firefox in C partition, then press CTRL+R and write " firefox.exe -p" (of course with no commas) . Then create a new profile and delete the old one. I've had the same problem until I've found this.
Extra: Do NOT use Revo Uninstaller or similar software because it could brick your PC, and it's useless.
Hope I helped :D

gonzalo

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2014
unninstall firefox and delete everything. make a clean install probably will resolve this...or not :mad:

sid_16

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
After a week struggle with firefox and my system like installing and uninstalling, virus cleaning, system image restoring (with a huge internet resources consumption) and applying almost all methods mentioned above , finally I found the culprit is 'flash player'. Simply I uninstalled my flash player now all is well and I'm here replying this thread. Thanks everybody for helping me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.