buggybaby

New Member
I was looking for excel templates and downloaded several. I must have accepted 3rd party software and this has been the worst I have ever experienced as it has taken tear impossible to wo days and I still have not repaired it. My computer functions fine, but when I perform a search in the browser bar, it redirects to a Yahoo page.
I have that problem also, Chrome homepage opens as Yahoo but it's malware. Malwarebytes found it and ID'd it as a PUP. It was deleted but here it is, still redirecting my browser. It's in the registry, at least I think so. Hijacker. Avast! can't remove it and Malwarebytes doesn't pick it up anymore. Damn thing is nearly impossible to remove!!
Hopefully this forum will help because I'm SO frustrated!
 
Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:
    NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

    Code:
    createsrpoint;
    gpt.ini;z 
    C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy;v
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\GroupPolicy;v
    Yahoo;a
    Yahoo;z 
    StandardSearch; 
    emptyfolderscheck; 
    installer-list; 
    installedprogs; 
    uninstall-list;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top