Status
Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
@BoraMurdar Probably because of the different price (discounts etc..).

Regards,
Kardo
Whatever, I would find a discount but not geo-restricted and pay money for it. So you have to actually explain that you have bought a license for another region purposely to activate it from a proxy server? You try to cheat the system and then it backfires on you. Those actions are probably mentioned in license agreement.

Reactions: Enju

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
The license is not blacklisted. It works fine with 2015 still.
Oops didn't see that post, sorry! I don't see any problems then? You bought it from a 3rd party site which sold you a KIS 2012 key on which the highest software version is 2015, a lot of eBay sellers to that too. You should contact your seller in this regard and not Kaspersky... :)
Also why should they lie to you? Maybe the first support person mistyped something or didn't look carefully enough, tell them to escalate it and let a second- or third-level support take a look at your case.

Reactions: frogboy

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Oops didn't see that post, sorry! I don't see any problems then? You bought it from a 3rd party site which sold you a KIS 2012 key on which the highest software version is 2015, a lot of eBay sellers to that too. You should contact your seller in this regard and not Kaspersky... :)
Also why should they lie to you? Maybe the first support person mistyped something or didn't look carefully enough, tell them to escalate it and let a second- or third-level support take a look at your case.

Why should they lie? Because they concluded that the code was for South African region. I had activated KIS 2015 many times using the US server without any issues whatsoever. How come it became a South African code all of a sudden for KIS 2016?

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Why should they lie? Because they concluded that the code was for South African region. I had activated KIS 2015 many times using the US server without any issues whatsoever. How come it became a South African code all of a sudden for KIS 2016?
And now read the post again and contact your key seller and/or escalate it. Instead of wasting your time posting you could either have gotten your money back or somebody from second-level support. Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but do you really think anybody cares about your key seller ripping you off? Especially calling Kaspersky out for something they have no control over seems quite immature...

Reactions: Nightwalker

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Especially calling Kaspersky out for something they have no control over seems quite immature...

They have no control over the code they made? Did DownloadCrew make the code themselves? LOL.... you rock buddy!

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
They have no control over the code they made? Did DownloadCrew make the code themselves? LOL.... you rock buddy!
Cherry picking sentences and removing any context, good job! :rolleyes:
I won't go into any further discussion with you on this topic since I told everything you could do already, which you seemingly ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.