Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Having a lifetime license for Sandboxie, I have tried many times to use it with my browsers and Internet Download Manager. Each time I tried, the file does not become isolated, and out of frustration, I uninstall Sandboxie from my PC. Btw, the browser is isolated.

In the past when a file was downloaded by internal or external download manager, the file was automatically sandboxed, and one had to "recover" it to use.

Now, whenever I sandbox any of my browsers, and download a file with IDM, IDM operates automatically outside of the browser and is not sandboxed, nor is the downloaded file.

I have tried contacting Sandboxie support via their forum to no avail.

So can someone tell me how to configure Sandboxie so that IDM automatically becomes sandboxed when I sandbox my browser(Chrome), and the resulting file stays isolated in the sandbox unless I recover it?

Much appreciated.

D

Deleted member 65228

I'd like to try and help you but I'll need a few more details beforehand. Could you link me to your download manager? I don't use one so I am not very familiar with the common services for this... If you can do that then I will be happy to see what I can do.

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
Try this:
Sandboxie Control > Configure > Software Compatibility: Uncheck Internet Download Manager box

Just to make things sure, restart (not shutdown) the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.