Process Hacker 2.24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Note:
This release has significant internal code changes. Please make sure all plugins are up-to-date.
New and Improved:
* Completely new system information window
* Added option to scroll to new processes
* Added option to hide driver services
* Added menu item to copy individual cells
* Improved module scanning
* Added Start Task Manager menu item
* Added Image base to peview
* Updated ExtendedTools plugin:
- Added support for new system information window
- Added Disk, Network and GPU tray icons
- Added support for custom fonts in the Disk tab
* Updated Updater plugin:
- Added download speed
- Added remaining time
Fixed:
* Fixed retrieval of version information for certain files
* Fixed driver file names on Windows XP
* Fixed Run As Administrator when used with complex commands

http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1423&sid=57a5b292e59fbb3415049634e1443dc4#p1423

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Yes, I use Process Hacker. Before - I used Sysinternals Process Explorer.

Thank you Maximus!

EDIT: but this new System Information window is horrible for me. I stay with the ancient 2.23 version for now. Can be - a matter of taste .. but I also find it impractical: this requires me to click 3 times ..
This is the first time I'm disagree with new Process Hacker version, Sorry.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I would put two points for w32 - developer of Process Hacker:

1: I see that from version v2.23 (so 2.23, 2.24) in the processhacker.exe - you have reduced the GDI Handles (now: 118, Before : 122). Thank you!

2: I have a question for wj32: why there is always (in all versions) the large number of Page Faults, and why they increase considerably over time, from one second to the other (50000, 60000 and beyond ..)?
For the process taskmgr.exe from Windows Task Manager - I see Page Faults number of 1007, very stable, which may increase very little with time up to eg. 1014, which is not of greater importance ..

For your information: I'm on Windows XP. And I only use your processhacker.exe file, all the others files from .zip portable package - I put them in the trash with each new version (eg. I don't need kprocesshacker.sys driver personally, or plugins, sorry). Or Services tab, never look into it. So for now I stay with v2.23. Would it be a sin?:dodgy:

EDIT: Yes, I want to post my question for wj32 in Process Hacker forum .. Maximus, sorry for this misunderstanding, I have corrected point 2.;)

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Why are you asking me or this forum question you need to ask them? Process Hacker is more accurate then Windows Task manager .Any further questions ask in there forum.

P

Plexx

I am a bit confused at the previous post.

Using now Process Hacker 2.24 and I actually like it! @Maximus, is this what you use?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Used it before but I have to admit that I've start using and liking Killswitch from COMODO but this is also a good program. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

P

Plexx

Wasn't Killswitch based on Process Hacker or they have redesigned Killswitch?

Up until now I was using the default Task manager since I didn't really use CCE that often.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
I've been using Process Hacker for many years. I love it. Process Explorer was the first alternative to Windows Task Manager till Process Hacker came out. Think of Process Hacker like Windows Task Manager only on steroids. Yes Comodo copied Process Hacker and renamed it KillSwitch. LOl

D

Deleted member 178

Maximus said:
Yes Comodo copied Process Hacker and renamed it KillSwitch. LOl

Yes (but have a drama for this too), btw Killswitch have some features PH don't have.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
biozfear said:
Wasn't Killswitch based on Process Hacker or they have redesigned Killswitch?

Up until now I was using the default Task manager since I didn't really use CCE that often.

Before yes but not anymore (that's what comodo says).

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Maximus said:
Yes Comodo copied Process Hacker and renamed it KillSwitch. LOl

The first introduction of Killswitch was based on Process Hacker. The new version is not based on Process Hacker.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
There still is a lot of similarities. I actually see some references to System Explorer in there.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm using Killswitch that was based in PH for the past weeks and must to say its good. I know the new version brought more changes and will use it once its official.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Prorootect said:
2: I have a question for wj32: why there is always (in all versions) the large number of Page Faults, and why they increase considerably over time, from one second to the other (50000, 60000 and beyond ..)?
For the process taskmgr.exe from Windows Task Manager - I see Page Faults number of 1007, very stable, which may increase very little with time up to eg. 1014, which is not of greater importance ..

I'm not an expert but I think those are soft page faults - they don't impact performance. As opposed to hard page faults that impact performance because the OS needs to locate a copy of the desired page on the page file, and copy it from disk into RAM. I think a hard page fault would increase the Disk Read counter as well. More info: here.

D

Deleted member 178

Process Hacker

* NEW/IMPROVED:
* peview now resolves .lnk targets
* Fixed Ctrl+A for processes, services and network connections and
added Ctrl+A for other windows
* Changed confirmation prompts to select the destructive action by
* Updated DotNetTools plugin:
* Fixed inaccurate stack traces for certain .NET programs
* Updated ExtendedTools plugin:
* Fixed network graph scaling
* Updated ToolStatus plugin:
* Added search box
* Updated Updater plugin
* FIXED:
* Fixed Verification Status column sorting bug in module list
* Fixed rare System Information crash
* Fixed bug in opening process handles
* Fixed freezing when viewing stack traces of certain system threads

Home

could a mod update the thread title without the version number (ex: Process Hacker new releases)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.