Product Update - 18.6.0.29 and 5.1.0.29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Thread author
Apr 22, 2011
Norton Update Center might only be for major updates. One reason I think this is that your screenshot mentions Norton Ghost not being eligible for updates but a service pack for Norton Ghost 15 was released to all users through LiveUpdate.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Mark said:
Norton Update Center might only be for major updates. One reason I think this is that your screenshot mentions Norton Ghost not being eligible for updates but a service pack for Norton Ghost 15 was released to all users through LiveUpdate.

ok.. what's new on new version?
:p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Mark said:
Product Update - 18.6.0.29 for Norton Internet Security 2011 and Norton AntiVirus 2011
4. What are the changes in this release?

18.6 contains many changes and fixes from the previous version. Some of these changes include:

- Added Firefox 4 Support
- Added New TidSrv detection & notification
- Improved Activation Process
- Corrected an issue where your product may report a loss of subscription days after upgrading from a previous version.
- Added performance improvements for IE 9 plugins.
- Fixed compatibility issues with 3rd party software such as Coral Paint Shop Pro & Max SEA.

From Mark's post through the first page on first post.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
ok thx.. but,, my trial will end..
maybe i want change my AV 30 days again :)

Edit: Reduced quoting.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
Product Update - 18.6.0.29 is now generally available, and is working just fine here.
http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Product-Update-18-6-0-29-for-Norton-Internet-Security-2011-and/td-p/445310

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.