Product Update - 18.6.0.29 and 5.1.0.29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Thread author
Apr 22, 2011
Product Update - 18.6.0.29 for Norton Internet Security 2011 and Norton AntiVirus 2011
4. What are the changes in this release?

18.6 contains many changes and fixes from the previous version. Some of these changes include:

- Added Firefox 4 Support
- Added New TidSrv detection & notification
- Improved Activation Process
- Corrected an issue where your product may report a loss of subscription days after upgrading from a previous version.
- Added performance improvements for IE 9 plugins.
- Fixed compatibility issues with 3rd party software such as Coral Paint Shop Pro & Max SEA.

Product Update - 5.1.0.29 for Norton 360 version 5
4. What are the changes in this release?

5.1 contains many changes and fixes from the previous version. Some of these changes include:

- Added Firefox 4 Support
- Added New TidSrv detection & notification
- Improved Activation Process
- Corrected an issue where your product may report a loss of subscription days after upgrading from a previous version.
- Added performance improvements for IE 9 plugins.
- Fixed some Registry Cleaner hangs that may have previously occurred.
- Online Backup & Restore fixes for very large (> 4GB) files.
- Fixed compatibility issues with 3rd party software such as Coral Paint Shop Pro & Max SEA.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
A note from the link stated by Tim Lopez

Please note that the issues that some users were experiencing where the Norton product would lock up after installing the 18.5 update was due to a definition that was applied after 18.5 was installed. We have since corrected that definition and the issue will not occur.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
So now ,I gues, Norton Toolbar works with FF 4.01 right?
Anyone has any idea on what's this all about : Added New TidSrv detection & notification ?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes Norton Toolbar works now with FF 4.0.1

Not sure but probably they add a new variant of Tidserv

From their blog before, it was known that Tidserv uses the critical atapi.sys to be infected.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Calling all Norton 2011 product users :lol:

Does this update work flawlessly with FF4?

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
Don't know just yet, mine will not update the new build via live update at this time.

c/p:

As a standard practice, we will be deploying the patch in a phased manner. On Monday, May 2nd 2011, we will be releasing the patch to some randomly selected English customers. We will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problem reports or issues.
Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Product-Update-18-6-0-29-for-Norton-Internet-Security-2011-and/td-p/445310

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually when I checked on forums one member stated its running well with firefox 4.0.1

Link

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
With this link

or through live update.

ok.. i'll try with live update:p

i cant be update
because.
Only customers with a paid current subscription are eligible to download and install updates to a newer version
:(
ok.. i know.. my TRIAL end in 37days
so, maybe i'll change AV in 30days again :)
use avast AV with comodo firewall ^^

Mark

Thread author
Apr 22, 2011
You will be able to update a trial through LiveUpdate eventually.
2. When will I receive the patch?

As a standard practice, we will be deploying the patch in a phased manner. On Monday, May 2nd 2011, we will be releasing the patch to some randomly selected English customers. We will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problem reports or issues.

Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Mark said:
You will be able to update a trial through LiveUpdate eventually.
2. When will I receive the patch?

see this, i'm already tried it :p
HJC0Q.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually what is your current version? Did you try to update through GUI of Norton Live Update? Seems free trials are not allowed.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Actually what is your current version? Seems free trials are not allowed.

you said:
You will be able to update a trial through LiveUpdate eventually
yep.. thats why i said.. i cant update lol
hmm..
before new version.. first version for NIS 2011

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Did it came nothing from the liveupdate on your User Interface of Norton?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
From the screen-shot you posted:
Examples of ineligible products includes:
- Free trials
- Products with perpetual license instead of a subscription...

So unless you are using paid subscription license, you can't get the update. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well free trials can be considered like "90 days trial giveaway". So its like they are limiting it only exclusive for paid subscription.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Well free trials can be considered like "90 days trial giveaway". So its like they are limiting it only exclusive for paid subscription.

yep
i used it now :p
90days.. but now left 37days if i'm not wrong
:D
i'm on another machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.