Professor Severus Snape Config 2016

Windows Edition
Home
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 / Malwarebytes Anti-Malware / Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 / Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Br: Google Chrome Ex: Kaspersky Protection / Adguard AdBlocker / IDM Integration Module
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
File and Photo backup
Macrium reflect
System recovery
Macrium reflect

Professor Severus Snape

Thread author
May 24, 2016
KIS has anti-exploit, so MBAE is not necessary.
^No need to keep MBAE, KIS has its own Anti-Exploit.
Oww. btw i will keep them. they will bring double-trouble to exploit-kit:D

If you want you can add another on demand scanner like Zemana AntiMalware Free.
You should also consider upgrading to Windows 10.
Yeah Zam is good to, i use it when i think my OS in ALERT time, I cant upgrade to win10 because my OS use Toshiba device/driver
that only work with win 7. i try seach at toshiba forum seem not find the right answer. to bad for toshiba user!:(

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I cant upgrade to win10 because my OS use Toshiba device/driver
that only work with win 7. i try seach at toshiba forum seem not find the right answer. to bad for toshiba user!:(
I have a Sony Vaio laptop.
The official page says it can only be upgrade it to W 7.
A few months back Sony released a notice saying that Sony devices aren't ready to upgrade to W 10.
Well last year i did the upgrade from W7 to W8.1 and for a few months now i have upgraded to W 10.
So far no issues at all with drivers:).

Maybe you can try the upgrade and if doesn't work for you, you can do a restore from an external HD ;)

Professor Severus Snape

Thread author
May 24, 2016
I have a Sony Vaio laptop.
The official page says it can only be upgrade it to W 7.
A few months back Sony released a notice saying that Sony devices aren't ready to upgrade to W 10.
Well last year i did the upgrade from W7 to W8.1 and for a few months now i have upgraded to W 10.
So far no issues at all with drivers:).

Maybe you can try the upgrade and if doesn't work for you, you can do a restore from an external HD ;)
My Model Toshiba Satellite L745 PSK12L-04H00G found some website for it https://pc.toshiba-asia.com/bd/support/drivers
but it outdate maybe? just only update old bios 2.30 to 2.60 before..

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I lurve Vaio laptops !
Such a shame that they stopped making them though .
I read some time ago that there are plans to start making them again , as a joint venture
.... but nothing seems to have come of it

.... sorry , a little off-topic :)
Even though i didn't had high respect for Vaio laptops at the time i bought it, it proved a great buy over the years.
Mine is more than seven years old and just last year i replaced the HDD with an SSD and now it's good as new;)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
My Model Toshiba Satellite L745 PSK12L-04H00G found some website for it https://pc.toshiba-asia.com/bd/support/drivers
but it outdate maybe? just only update old bios 2.30 to 2.60 before..
I see that your model isn't inside the list for the upgrade.
Mine wasn't either on Sony's list but i did the upgrade anyway.
About the BIOS in my laptop i did nothing before updating not even an update.
I don't think you will have a driver problem with the upgrade just look at your specs if you can't upgrade.
Microsoft want's specific specs for the upgrade.
For example my CPU is Intel P8400 and i don't have a problem.

As i said you can try to do the upgrade through windows update and if something goes wrong you can restore your system;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.