Troubleshoot Program similar to hitmanpro?

Zimboombafoo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
-
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
-
So I have a bunch of leftover crap from reimage repair on my computer that got left over when I uninstalled it. I don't even remember why I downloaded it (stupid decision). Anyway, I tried using hitmanpro to clean up the leftovers (and it found them) but I guess my one-time trial has already been used previously and it won't let me do it again without purchasing it. Is there another good, safe, free program I can use that does the same thing? Thanks

Reactions: tonibalas

Zimboombafoo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2014
well I just downloaded and ran the zemana but it didn't pull up anything but tracking cookies. all of the reimage repair junk that hitmanpro found didn't show up with zemana...

EDIT: it also failed to delete all the cookies that it pulled up, lol

Upvote 0

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
well I just downloaded and ran the zemana but it didn't pull up anything but tracking cookies. all of the reimage repair junk that hitmanpro found didn't show up with zemana...

EDIT: it also failed to delete all the cookies that it pulled up, lol
Thhe engines on zemana and hitman pro are diferent. And it doesnt delete the cookies if you have your browsers open

Upvote 0

Zimboombafoo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2014
hmm, well now i have all the traces of hitmanpro left behind + all the ones from zemana since i can't manually uninstall either one. so now I need a program that gets rid of hitmanpro PLUS zemana since that didn't work haha

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
hmm, well now i have all the traces of hitmanpro left behind + all the ones from zemana since i can't manually uninstall either one. so now I need a program that gets rid of hitmanpro PLUS zemana since that didn't work haha
iobit uninstaller or revo uninstaller

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 21043

@Zimboombafoo
To uninstall HitmanPro you can follow the below instructions:

1. Open up the control panel either by searching for it on the Windows search or using the Start Menu.
  2. To the left of the Control Panel, the last item should have a subheading, labelled as "Programs". Below that, should have a link labelled "Uninstall a program". Click that.
  3. The window should change and you should now have a window with a box (also known as a "ListView") displaying installed applications on your system. Find HitmanPro in the list (or the program you would like to uninstall) and select it.
  4. Right click the selected item (HitmanPro in this case) and choose "Uninstall".
  5. HitmanPro should uninstall itself and then the list should refresh - HitmanPro should then be removed from the list of installed applications.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
You can use Revo uninstaller pro and even if the programs don't show on the uninstall list you can use Forced Uninstall and just type the name of the program on the second bar and it will find all leftover files ;) and then you can delete them:)
I hope i have helped
Kind regards Tony

Upvote 0

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
if the software installed i would try to find the folder it is in
and run the uninstaller from there first before using uninstallers

like if the program installed in to the c: drive go in to the program files
and see if you can find the program there and use the uninstaller that came
with the software from there

if the software is not installed and is portable just delete the folder

:)

James

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.