Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Source: http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/8/1microsoft-windows-10-project-neon-teaser

"While the screenshots show some fairly minor adjustments to the overall Windows 10 design, Microsoft is emphasizing more use of animations and visually blurring elements within apps. Project Neon will also include a focus on Microsoft’s 3D efforts in Windows 10, and the company’s HoloLens software.

Microsoft is expected to fully detail its Project Neon plans at its Build developers conference in May. Build will also serve as a venue for Microsoft to discuss its next Windows 10 update, expected to ship later this year."

windows10design.jpg

February 9th 05:40AM ET: Twitter user Tom Hounsell has unearthed the original concept that Microsoft has teased, above.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
If it is something that requires higher hw resources ( cpu/ ram) I hate it

Thank you for sharing

( neon remember me some new browser with, it seems , useless new look)

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I don't like the white taskbar and that the date and time don't really match the taskbar. Just my opinion. ;)
It's probably white from pulling that color off of the background; an option already in Win10.

I like the absence of the titlebar but I can't say I understand the big gap at the top where it normally is.

They do need consistent design rules--this Win7/Win8 chimera has to go--even if it is taking yet another thing Google did and playing catch-up (Material Design).

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
If it is something that requires higher hw resources ( cpu/ ram) I hate it

Thank you for sharing

( neon remember me some new browser with, it seems , useless new look)

I agree. Windows 10 still sucks but ey! looks great... ;)

(Sarcasm off).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.