Prorootect's config - updated 2013

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
RE: Prorootect's config

Freedom of choice is one thing when it comes to using a particular security program. But using an outdated and unsupported OS is just asking for trouble. Its like swapping out your engine in your car which is still under warranty. Then going to the dealership and wondering why they wont cover anything. There is everything to gain by installing SP3 and nothing to loose. Hence the reason I suggested to image the pc prior to installing SP3. So if he doesn't like he can go back. You are least likely to get help from tech support with an unsupported and outdated OS.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011

Also, upgrade your OS from SP2 to SP3, your current OS is very easy to get attacked, as it is no longer supported, so there will be no new security updates for SP2. Go here for SP3 Download Link: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&id=1260

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011

Guys, If he wants it badly that way, Let Him be! We don't need to shove down everything on his throat.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
RE: Prorootect's config (updated December 7, 2011 early in the morning)

My config I updated early in the morning, December 7, 2011.

I added for my IE8: sandboxed. 'Launch your virtual Web exploration from your sandboxed browser!'

And I added DuckDuckGo search engine (thanks Bogdan!), and UltraSurf ('UltraSurf is a VPN program for Windows').

So guys .. (especially @McLovin which demand: 'Hello Prorootect,
have you got any backup solutions?' ).. Yes, I'm in the backup sandboxed.

Then I surf the Web virtually. Virtualized Prorootect, you see? Surely no, because I'm sandboxed.:D:cool:

Well well, to follow ...........................................

P

Plexx

He ain't using any backup/disk imaging solutions.

Prorootect: Even if you use IE Sandboxed and Ultrasurf, eventually will come a day where you wish you had a backup of your image. And no, I am not simply suggesting an infection. There could be for example a fault update or driver update and that System Restore would not fix the issue.

You will then need to reinstall everything....

So my suggestion, get a backup utility.

D

Deleted member 178

Ultrasurf is considered as almost a malware in the way it is coded. i suggest you to use Hotspot shield instead.

P

Plexx

umbrapolaris said:
Ultrasurf is considered as almost a malware in the way it is coded. i suggest you to use Hotspot shield instead.

Judging by the level of paranoia, I doubt he would use Hotspot Shield free... since only the paid solution has Ad Free Browsing...

But in the end, its his own system, so he is free to choose what to use...

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

@McLovin - my 'Yes, I'm in the backup sandboxed.' - it was to smile a little .. We must become like childrens, is not it? ..:D

@umbrapolaris;) - UltraSurf is NOT malware: look at the last link here:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Private-and-Secure-Anonymous-Web-Surfing?pid=36038#pid36038
- and read this, please: 'Some antivirus programs falsely identify Ultrasurf as a virus/trojan as it can penetrate through firewalls. This is a false positive.' that I posted in the Post 4 here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Private-and-Secure-Anonymous-Web-Surfing?pid=36160#pid36160

@biozfear - thank you!;)
Hmm, if you (or any one of you) will change your avatar, feel free to use some pics from the VOP Gallery here: http://forums.voiceofthepublic.com/smf2/index.php?action=gallery;cat=1

So for you all: 'Launch your virtual Web exploration from your sandboxed browser!':idea:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Prorootect said:
@McLovin - my 'Yes, I'm in the backup sandboxed.' - it was to smile a little .. We must become like childrens, is not it? ..:D

I'm unsure on what you mean by that. Are you saying that Sandboxie is your backup?

P

Plexx

Still thinking why exactly would I want to change my avatar...

As for Sandboxed, I use Bufferzone Pro. Also prior to have any program installed on my main OS, I test run it on VMWARE...

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

@McLovin - Yes, the wall between the languages ​​here, I think.
I wanted to say that myself I am sitting in a sand tray. I joked with you, smiled. We must become like children, does it not?...:cool:
I speak not of Sandboxie, but IESandbox v3.0.4 virtual browser, sorry. Look on the recent changes in my config, please.;)

@biozfear:cool: - it's about the color enhancement, if you wish - no offense. Personally I like the dense, bright colours, but do according to your taste!:D
What are your preferences? What do you think of these images I posted on the VOP Gallery?..:shy:

I downloaded IESandbox browser directly on my Desktop, because I have the confidence of EAZ-FIX developers from Horizon DataSys, developers of Rollback Rx and Sandbox Rx also: Horizon DataSys home site here: http://www.horizondatasys.com/167306.ihtml - and forum (on Disaster Recovery Programs) here: http://horizondatasys-forum.com/disaster-recovery-programs/

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Well if you have Firefox browser, you can use Cocoon (Proxy Server) its free and just only need to sign up the requirements and done.

P

Plexx

I will have a test run at that sanbox on VMware.

Right now I am removing the Bufferzone Pro from my desktop which is the only 32bits in the house and going to re-test Sanboxie on a 64bit system.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

So you test already now, biozfear?..

And get your results in the appropriate (Best Free Sandbox ..) topic, please ..;)

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011

Have you tried Webroot Secure AnyWhere and /or Prevx?

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

I think W. is very good.
But I can not say this on Prevx (after my reads also). This is a very long time (in 2008), I do not have it in my PC, sorry .. It greatly magnify the Non-paged Usage (3.0.0 .. Prevx CSI) 0.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

In the line: 'NO AV, Java, .NET 2.0 and above, M$ Office, Adobe Reader etc quick times.' - I added today: .NET 2.0 and above, M$ Office.

Thank you!

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
IE 8 replaced by: SlimBoat sandboxed Web browser.

That's one small step for me, one giant leap for security and usefulness.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.