Guide | How To Protect Yourself Against MITM Attacks

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Does, or should, Simple DNSCrypt affect VPN? I don't want to break something that is working.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Im sometimes using a VPN alongside, i don't have issues. In the GUI , you can include/exclude your VPN

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
@inuyasha Yes , because you depend of a 3rd party , so if its server has issues you can have slowdown or disconnection, but you can then select another one in the meantime.

Reactions: inuyasha

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
basically you have to secure the transmission via encryption , for this we use the DNScrypt protocol:
There is a simple apps called Simple DnsCrypt that will automatize and really simplify the implementation of this protocol
Simple DNSCrypt - Official Project Home Page
We will then choose from the list a DNS provider using DNSSEC.
Simple as that ;)

just double checking if it's too simple for me, o_O ie, is it working? How do I know it's working? Looking at the network with killswitch I do see dnscrypt-proxy.exe with 3 tcp & 1 udp connection, but sent traffic= 0, received traffic= 0. Does this sound right? Do I need to tweak something in browser, chrome, or does the installation of simplednscrypt do everything needed automagically? sometimes I don't see the forest looking at the trees. thanks!

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
just double checking if it's too simple for me, o_O ie, is it working? How do I know it's working? Looking at the network with killswitch I do see dnscrypt-proxy.exe with 3 tcp & 1 udp connection, but sent traffic= 0, received traffic= 0. Does this sound right? Do I need to tweak something in browser, chrome, or does the installation of simplednscrypt do everything needed automagically? sometimes I don't see the forest looking at the trees. thanks!
it is automatic , select a server, enable it and the appropriate network device (if it wasn't) .
Normally your dns should be changed to : 127.0.0.1 or 2 , check via ipconfig -all in cmd.

Attachments

• DNS.jpg
    DNS.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 483
Last edited by a moderator:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
it is automatic , select a server, enable it and the appropriate network device (if it wasn't) .
Normally your dns should be changed to : 127.0.0.1 or 2 , check via ipconfig -all in cmd.

ok thanks! will update.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

now I see, my network cards were NOT selected, so I just selected and it add checkmark, so now will test and see if anything seems or looks different. thanks!!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.