Q&A Protection for Linux

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
I just noticed another browser I had never heard about before and can get 32 bit version.

Vivaldi 1.3 for Linux. if someone is willing to explain how to install it?

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Vivaldi 1.3 for Linux. if someone is willing to explain how to install it?
Download it here.
Open terminal, browse to the directory containing the .deb file you've just downloaded. In my case:
Code:
cd Downloads
-> hit Enter, then
Code:
sudo dpkg -i the-file-name.deb
-> hit Enter
Enter your password -> hit Enter & done.
This is off-topic. Further question about Vivaldi you should post in its own thread.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
thanks I will give that a try and get back to you.

update: ok I have to admit the cd Downloads threw me off since that is a windows command but I was able to use file manager to go to downloads folder and the run terminal from there.

worked great. nice and fast and hope she likes it. thanks so much.

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avast
Download it here.
Open terminal, browse to the directory containing the .deb file you've just downloaded. In my case:
Code:
cd Downloads
-> hit Enter, then
Code:
sudo dpkg -i the-file-name.deb
-> hit Enter
Enter your password -> hit Enter & done.
I don't agree with this : you install the package but you don't check depedencies...
I think it would be better if you do that :
1) Open a terminal and go in the folder containing the .deb with cd command (if you want to know more about it, type man cd )
2) Type sudo dpkg -i the_downloaded_file.deb (install the .deb package)
3) type sudo apt-get -f install (install dependencies)
Then it will be ok :)

Vasudev

Level 23
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
I hate Chrome but love chromium. My goto browser would be Firefox for sheer number of customisations available in the app store. If your PC has enough horsepower use Kubuntu or else Xubuntu or Lubuntu which are fairly lightweight. One thing I like about Linux Distros is, if you don't like one, you can try several different distros which perhaps suits you.

Windows_Security

Level 16
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 7
As a Windows user I managed to sandbox Chromium with Firejail and AppArmor on top of its own Sandbox in Xubuntu :)

I decided for Solus with budgie desktop, because most Ubuntu based distro's could not handle an AMD GPU (A4 5300) which was used by an older relative.

On Solus FireJail is also available (with its GUI frontend), but I choose for Chromium (in stead of Firefox + Firejail) because Chromium launches a lot faster (Chromium with its build in sandbox lanches < 1 second, while Firefox with firejail takes > 3 seconds).