Proxy server 127.0.0.1 installs itself in different ports - removal difficult

Janeen

New Member
I have noticed the proxy server 127.0.0.1 download itself to my computer multiple times. It will have a different extension at the end (right now it says :64550;ht). If I leave my settings window open with the slider to off, it tends to stay off, but if I close the window it will reactivate itself. I have deleted this from the registry editor multiple times, only to have it reinstall.

I am attaching the requested files from the Farbar tool.
 

Attachments

Hello,


FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

This froze while running. It has me locked out of all internet services. I've been patient for about 10 min but do I stop it and try to run again?
 
FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.

    2873ryc.png

  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach report into your next reply.
 
Am attaching the new files. I must say that the fix above worked for about 10 minutes - something is causing the proxy server to reload. That's the same issue I had on my own - could delete the proxy server from the registry but it would reload.
 

Attachments

It doesn't seem to be. If I leave the network settings window open it won't activate - will be present in the grayed out area. If I close the settings window it will activate. But every time I have uninstalled in the registry (all three times) it has reinstalled in a very short period of time.
 
51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.png
Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Install the progam.
  • Click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Start Scan.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the Reports tab.
  • Double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.



Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your Desktop.
  • Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scan to begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.​
  • Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on
    4zu6vb.jpg
    icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • The only left thing is to attach saved report in your next message.
 
Ok I ran both scans. Reports are attached. Malwarebytes is slightly different than the directions indicate. There is no "apply actions" button - only a quarantine or cancel. So I went to quarantine. There are also 4 reports showing, and you have to select the report you want the text document for. I chose the one from the scan. If you need a look at the others please let me know.

Also, whatever zemana did it has made firefox very unstable.
Also, on the last reboot I got an error message from Microsoft Security Chest saying that it could not initialize. Error is 0x80070426.
 

Attachments

I figured out Firefox's issue - it wasn't enough to uncheck "use proxy server" in network settings I had to uncheck it in Firefox settings, too.
 
Sorry - I have been out of town and away from my computer. The situation remains the same. I can uninstall the proxy server but something reinstalls it in a very short amount of time. None of the malware/spyware software has been able to totally cure the situation.
 
FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.

    2873ryc.png

  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach report into your next reply.
 
Please uninstall following software:
- Advanced SystemCare
- Driver Booster
- Game Booster
- IObit Malware Fighter
- IObit Uninstaller
- Smart Defrag
- Surfing Protection
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top