Solved Proxy server virus: (127.0.0.1 port 8118)

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
mbam-old.png
Uninstall outdated Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download MBAM-clean and save it to your desktop.

• Right-click on mbam-clean.exe icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • It will ask you to reboot the machine - please do so.

After that follow my next instructions to download & install the newset MBAM version.

51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.png
Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

thedarkhippy

Thread author
Verified
May 3, 2015
No I had not. I have done this now there was about four chrome.exe running. I closed these and then was able to uninstall chrome. I have reinstalled it and so far it seems to be working properly. Thank you so much for all your help. Do you think my computer is clean now?

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Yes, you're good to go :)

Glad I could help. We will delete all used tools and I'll give you some tips to harden your security and learn how to protect yourself :)

Recommended reading:
icon_exclaim.gif
MUST READ - security tips:

icon_exclaim.gif
MUST READ - general maintenance:

The Importance of Software Updating:

In order to stay protected it is
very important that you regularly update all of your software. Cybercriminals depend on the apathy of users around software updates to keep their malicious endeavor running.

Operating systems, such as Windows, and applications, such as Adobe Reader or JAVA, are used by tens of millions of computers and devices around the world, making them a huge target for cybercriminals. Downloading updates and installing them can sometimes be tedious, but the advantages you get from the updates are certainly worth it.

Recommended additional software:
icon_arrow.gif
CCleaner - to clean unneeded temporary files.
icon_arrow.gif
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - to scan your system from time to time in search for malware.
icon_arrow.gif
Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit - to prevent plenty of mostly exploited vulnerabilities.
icon_arrow.gif
McShield - to prevent infections spread by removable media.
icon_arrow.gif
Unchecky - to prevent from installing additional foistware, implemented in legitimate installations.
icon_arrow.gif
Adblock - to surf the web without annoying ads!

Post-cleanup procedures:

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)
The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

My help is free for everybody.
If you're happy with the help provided and/or wish to buy me a beer for the assistance you received, then you can consider a donation:
Thank you!​

Stay safe,
TwinHeadedEagle :)

thedarkhippy

Thread author
Verified
May 3, 2015
Thats great thanks but before i do all that I might of spoke to soon as netflix has crashed twice in ten minutes :-(

thedarkhippy

Thread author
Verified
May 3, 2015
Yep. netflix was running for over an hour and only lost connection once. This is totally different to it freezing on chrome.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Let's check your PC one more time:

FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please include their content into your next reply.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
PC seems clean. Let's see if this will give us something good:

51a5bf3d99e8a-ComboFixlogo16.png
Scan with ComboFix

This is a very powerful tool that should be used only if advised by Malware Analyst.
Do not run ComboFix on your own!

Referring to this instruction, please download ComboFix by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on
    51a5bf3d99e8a-ComboFixlogo16.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
  • Accept the disclaimer and agree if prompted to install Recovery Console.
  • Do not take any actions while ComboFix goes through your System - it may cause it to stall!
  • This scan may take some time!
  • When finished - it will display a logfile (located also on your main drive, usually C:\ComboFix.txt).

Include that log in your next reply.
icon_idea.gif
If you'll encounter any issues with internet connection after running ComboFix, please visit this link.
icon_idea.gif
If an error about operation on the key marked for deletion will appear after running the tool, please reboot your machine.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.