Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
PureVPN is non-American company right? from Panama?

It is based in Hong Kong.

If they say they keep no logs but they send logs to FBI that means you can't trust them, You should uninstall PureVPN and go for other.
@Lightning_Brian advised me Windscribe and for now it looks nice, you may try it

In my opinion for regular surfing it is ok. But for other illegal activity it is no. No trust. However I wouldn't trust in many Vpn services. I think most of them are not reliable and hand over your activity logs if special agents like FBI contact them
I have just contacted them again and asked if they keep logs :LOL:

d.jpg

Last edited:

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
PureVPN Logs Helped FBI Net Alleged Cyberstalker

Massachusetts man was arrested late last week on suspicion of conducting a cyberstalking campaign against a female former roommate, her friends, and family. Court documents reveal that logs, obtained by the FBI from privacy service PureVPN, helped the prosecution. Until now, PureVPN had always maintained it carried no logs - almost.

*Read more: PureVPN Logs Helped FBI Net Alleged Cyberstalker - TorrentFreak
Nothing surprise to me I know it long time ago that they work with USA government, the bad news is "dose they work with another Government also?"
for people who live in democratic or semi democratic country its not as dangerous as people who live in Dictator and Fundamentalist country,in these countries journalists,human right lover,women , reporters and...trust VPN company and their life depend on their vpn software....
I do't know all of you understand what I mean or no , BUT yes you are right if they sell or share data with the government of these countries they will keep,put in jail and (yes) sadly execute!
Every 1 byte that share with them will caused to end of the life of a human....
So they should ashamed their job , so I change their name from "pure vpn " to "nasty vpn" or "dirty vpn"
also they break Hong Kong Law under the "No Mandatory Data Retention Laws" this company should be ban of use from all users,companies to save more life's...

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014

In my opinion for regular surfing it is ok. But for other illegal activity it is no. No trust. However I wouldn't trust in many Vpn services. I think most of them are not reliable and hand over your activity logs if special agents like FBI contact them

View attachment 170031
Hi.
if a company tell "lie" (in this case BIG LIE) dose you trust that they do't share another "regular surfing" ?
we can't wash mirror with dirty hands....

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Hi.
if a company tell "lie" (in this case BIG LIE) dose you trust that they do't share another "regular surfing" ?
we can't wash mirror with dirty hands....

Hi

Before using a PureVpn I read some good reviews about this service. I purchased a 5 year subscription (it is called lifetime) last year. I was happy with a connection/download speed. But since some months I noticed that some wrong goes with this service. I am talking about speed and DNS leak (looks like it was ok before, no DNS leak anyway I didn't notice). But now I recommend to avoid this service. I am connected to a Cactus Vpn now. But who knows if it doesn't keep logs....

SKOGSDOTTER

Level 1
Verified
Sep 30, 2017

View attachment 170031

I agree with you, I've never trusted any VPN but I'm not doing illegal things so it's ok if they keep log even if they say they don't.

You made my day with your screenshot lol, how can they be that dishonest. :ROFLMAO:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
To most people a VPN is nothing but a convenience but there are people out there who live under a dictatorship and whose lives depend on their VPN hiding their activities from their government. I really hope nobody ever dies because a VPN handed over their logs.

Now if you're a pedophile, stalker, drug dealer, etc. don't expect me to cry when you're arrested.

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
Purevpn teach me vpn providers can use information against me if im doing illegal stuff.

windscribe privacy policy
Changes to Policy
We will do our best to avoid any changes, which includes moving the company to a different jurisdiction. If drastic policy changes are required due to a race of giant spiders enslaving all of humanity and forcing us to log our users under the threat of consumption, and we cannot continue providing service under the above mentioned terms, users (with valid email accounts) will be notified. That will be the least of your concern however, you know, because of the giant spiders.

Update:-

i'm worried for those who don't know these think's about vpn Vpn worst part is logs

Last edited:

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Hi

Before using a PureVpn I read some good reviews about this service. I purchased a 5 year subscription (it is called lifetime) last year. I was happy with a connection/download speed. But since some months I noticed that some wrong goes with this service. I am talking about speed and DNS leak (looks like it was ok before, no DNS leak anyway I didn't notice). But now I recommend to avoid this service. I am connected to a Cactus Vpn now. But who knows if it doesn't keep logs....
Hi
oh I am sorry for "lost your money:cry:"
Now its time to keep in your mind that do't follow those website and people who do that review(for advertised PureVpn).
you do a good job man due to "avoid this service".
I see that cactus in your task bar :D ,about them I do't know what are they doing , but history show me EU based VPN company (specificly Swiss/Iceland/Netherland and Romania) do better job...but not at all....

Last edited:

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Purevpn teach me vpn providers can use information against me if im doing illegal stuff.

windscribe privacy policy
Changes to Policy
We will do our best to avoid any changes, which includes moving the company to a different jurisdiction. If drastic policy changes are required due to a race of giant spiders enslaving all of humanity and forcing us to log our users under the threat of consumption, and we cannot continue providing service under the above mentioned terms, users (with valid email accounts) will be notified. That will be the least of your concern however, you know, because of the giant spiders.
Hi
the topic is not about protecting "illegal stuff" I am hardly against cyber crime ,raped,threat people or supporting terrorist.
its about a company break it own rules!
they clearly said : " we do't save blah blah blah" and now they show us , not only they save "blah blah" but also investigate it ! (work same as advanced trojan!)
if they add this rules:
1-we save all of your informations and investigate it and if we find that "you are a bad stuff" we will spy on you!
I do't have any problem with them :)

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Hi
oh I am sorry for "lost your money:cry:"

Actually I lost about $57 buying a lifetime subscription (5 year that can be updated after it expires) I shared it with my 4 friends. So, 5 of us used this service. As a rule never recommended
to buy a lifetime license/subscription for any Internet service as you don't know what happens tomorrow. But in my case it cost as a 1 year subscription on their site (I bought through their partner). Therefore I didn't lose much money. Moreover it is stingy company to run Giveaways. I contacted them to host a giveaway but they refused me.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I agree with you, I've never trusted any VPN but I'm not doing illegal things so it's ok if they keep log even if they say they don't.

You made my day with your screenshot lol, how can they be that dishonest. :ROFLMAO:
Hi
basicaly if people live in democratic country and have free acess to internet you are right,but in many countries Governments ban many social medias, same as wikipedia,You tube,Facebook,whats app,many other sites and application....people for accesing internet need to use these services.
So I want you to think this secne : you talk against government rules(politely and peacfully) what happen to you? nothing, but in non freedom country this one "speech" may caused you to jail ! (not blogger only your comments and your private chat!)
I know imagine of this picture is impossible but its true...
people honestly pay for freedom to Vpn companies , and they are easily betrayal them:mad:
its unforgivable....:censored:
but not all of VPN companies are bad , we have many good companies that work well and protected people's freedom and life:)

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
To most people a VPN is nothing but a convenience but there are people out there who live under a dictatorship and whose lives depend on their VPN hiding their activities from their government. I really hope nobody ever dies because a VPN handed over their logs.

Now if you're a pedophile, stalker, drug dealer, etc. don't expect me to cry when you're arrested.
Hi
bad news is : "Government mark their oposition as [pedophile, stalker, drug dealer, etc]" ok?
see sample: in country "A" if you talk about freedom no one bother you , in Country "B" it will caused you to Die!
Ok the government of country "B" see one of their people talk aganist them ,dose it logic for catching "that people" call to Country "A" and said giveback those freedom talker to us?! :LOL:
it should belong to county "A" jurisdiction ; country "A" should investigate the truth...
So in your side , ok we have nasty guy that bother people do bad things and...., the true way is :
1-HK court should force PureVpn to Cooperation.(purevpn should clearly talk about it to their users! same as PIA and the history of it :D)
so I never see any news that HK court presure on PureVpn :cautious:
2-PureVpn should changed thier statment and clearly said : "we save all of your informations and investigate it and if we find that "you are a bad stuff" we will spy on you!"
this speech is very very sensitive, sensitive between real bad guys and who marked as bad guys.(y)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.