Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Windows Defender with PUP detection enabled and Private Firewall Hips
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Antimalware Pro + Malwarebytes Free + Hitman Pro
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
I use Microsoft Edge with K9 Web Protection + IE 11 as a fallback browser with Web Of Trust
Maintenance tools
Advanced System Cleaner 9.2 with Ccleaner
File and Photo backup
OneDrive
System recovery
Windows Built-in + Shadow Defender

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Just add a AD Blocker like uBlock Origin or adguard(Paid) and a password manager.And removed Advanced System Cleaner 9.2 when you have Ccleaner,add another web browser in case of risks.Other than looks good to me.If you changed Windows Defender with PUP detection enabled then Security product settings have to be changed from Default to Custom.It is my personal opinion:)

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Everything is well intact still its a discretion advice for removing Advance System Care as it contains mixed up testimonies.

Q454

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 10, 2013
Thank you everyone for trying to help me out with my config. I just added ad blocker, and debating on Advance System Care Pro. as I have use it for a long time, but never use there registry cleaner. as I use Ccleaner for that. I have heard alote of people having problems with privatefirewall here. but I can honestly say that as long as u install it as administrator, it will work flawlessly. te good thing about it is it does not need to be updated regularly as an antivirus, and still be effective if u know how to answer the popups.

Reactions: DardiM and Alkajak

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Very good Security Config
Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: Q454

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.