Battle qBittorent vs. Tixati

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
So sorry guys....My vote granted to qbitorrent... No need to Install both QB & Tix
Well if you are on many private torrent sites like me you are required to disable settings to keep the torrent seeded & you cant download public torrents when the settings are changed..

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
If you choice utorrent it's not wrong, torrent also a good torrent client really,
but bit beware when you first time to install watch if Adware also included with
your torrent client if so, simply just uncheck the option or skip that's it..
you'll be fine and enjoyed. my utorrent screenshot you may Click here

Last edited:

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
yes, you're right...there are some ads pups bundled, however we can avoid from
annoying enough of ads etc by setting in utorrent, if you interested and prefer
utorrent here below some of parameter setting should be applied to utorrent
preference: by doing -> option -> preference -> advance
Select the "False" value option below: (by doing -> option -> preference -> advance)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Applied on uTorrent Latest Build (3.4.1 Build 31395)
--------------------------------------------------
- "gui.show_plus_upsell"
- "offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled" (disables the banner ad which appears at the top of your torrent list).
- "offers.left_rail_offer_enabled"
- "gui.show_notorrents_node"

Reactions: arslan ejaz

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I have tested each of uTorrent, Tixati and qBittorent to download some torrents at the same time and after a deep comparing I realized that qBittorent is the fastest one without a doubt. BTW, I am really happy with qBittorent and it's working very well on my PC :)

Reactions: JakeXPMan

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Last I checked Tixati was not open source. That aside it does contain nice features and is light, probably slightly lighter than qBit, but both are just as good. I however use both Deluge and qBit on my Windows Box, Deluge and Transmission on my Linux Box.

Reactions: JakeXPMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.