Deluge for me. It works perfectly in Linux and Windows

upload_2015-8-18_17-26-33.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Vuze, I found to be bloated. I don't need those extra features and definitely not Java. Vuze offer a paid version, but why would you want that. Same goes for BitTorrent/uTorrent Plus.

I use qBittorrent. Easy to download and install or extracted, configurable, simple UI.

Reactions: Rebsat and Mustolaf

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Vuze, I found to be bloated. I don't need those extra features and definitely not Java. Vuze offer a paid version, but why would you want that. Same goes for BitTorrent/uTorrent Plus.

I use qBittorrent. Easy to download and install or extracted, configurable, simple UI.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know which changes you have made for your qBittorrent configuration in related to increasing download of torrents. Thank you very much big bro :)

Reactions: Mustolaf

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm not fan of its torrent downloader but assurance I will go from not bloated if ever use it. Because the reason why many common programs in that category are majority use is by its advertising and that's why bundled programs are enforce.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Never liked the rest of the different torrents, I use uTorrent and switch off the ads (google it there are simple ways to do it :) )

I tried tixati and didn't really like the UI

qbittorrent was fine but I guess I just gotten used to uTorrent's UI and settings that I felt the placements of all the buttons and such for it was also not really fantastic.

Of course we all have heard about the different times that uTorrent has tried and tried again to bundle software with it, and how the users have repeatedly asked them to stop it. But it's understandable because they have to make a living somehow, and bundling other "software" is a very good way of doing so. What I liked about it is that if you go through an update process it's entirely automated meaning that it will install the update itself without any other prompts, meaning that there is no other PUP installation that is going on, or at least none that I could find.

Therefore I have to stand by uTorrent, once you get through the first installation, the rest of the updates are going to be easy and there are ways of switching off the ads with just a click of a button (seriously google it), and the best is that the torrents go really quick for me, not entirely sure if there is a special algorithm that helps but it was faster than the rest I have tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.