Qihoo 360 Total Security Essentials Enhanced Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Can someone please post a link to the enhanced version as I can find it no longer.? I can only find the Essential version.. Thanks! Marg

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I am confused, you gave 4 links. I only wanted a link to 360 TSE Enhanced version. Thanks! Marg

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
What's the difference between the Essentials and Enhanced Edition?

http://malwaretips.com/threads/360-total-security-essentials-enhanced-version.45554/

Brief overview according to the link:

Qihoo TSE Enhanced is composed of same engines but enforced already the offline database of Bitdefender and Qihoo built in activated, therefore you will retrieve updates for Avira if wanted so;

Qihoo TSE only Qihoo engine activated and you need to download Bitdefender and Avira engines from their updater.

Reactions: bitbizket and Kent

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
http://malwaretips.com/threads/360-total-security-essentials-enhanced-version.45554/

Brief overview according to the link:

Qihoo TSE Enhanced is composed of same engines but enforced already the offline database of Bitdefender and Qihoo built in activated, therefore you will retrieve updates for Avira if wanted so;

Qihoo TSE only Qihoo engine activated and you need to download Bitdefender and Avira engines from their updater.

Oh well, what i had in mind the "enhanced" version was the one that got tested @ AV-Comparative without the QVM engine.

Having multiple engines won't make much difference in detection they only consumed more resources and a higher false detection.
Still this is a good program when used properly as a layered security. Example Comodo firewall + Qihoo 360 TSE.

Thanks

Reactions: jamescv7
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.