S

Sr. Normal

The firewall should enable it to start with Windows, at least that has been my case

@Kent I cannot find any information on whether you can upgrade from earlier versions. Perhaps a clean install is best

Reactions: Kent
D

Deleted member 2913

Isn't Glasswire still in beta?

Glasswire FW added... more of a shock than surprise:eek::oops:o_O

I guess most users would not like Glasswire added as FW... Users were expecting inhouse FW.

Reactions: Piteko21

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
haha this is funny since I'm running 360TS & GlassWire anyway. Is there an option to have GlassWire prompt you on new outgoing connections?

Unfortunately, the Firewall function is GlassWire program! :mad::eek:
Why is that unfortunate? GlassWire is nice. We already have an excellent firewall: Windows Advanced Firewall, which GlassWire uses.

Is it built in or install beside? Can't say I like Glasswire since it causes connectivity problems after a while of use but still interested in what any company adds to their products.
How? It isn't actually a firewall as much as a monitor; it only creates Windows Firewall rules.

I did have to clear my data (GlassWire settings) once to keep the GlassWire UI connected (not Internet connectivity).

Does Qihoo 7 run on Windows 10? It doesn't specify like 6.8 does.

Reactions: Antivirus Tester
D

Deleted member 2913

So is it the free or paid version of Glasswire?

marg

Level 12
Verified
The Firewall is running fine on my Windows 7 computer. Does it alert you if someone is trying to connect to my PC or does it just block it.? I am Firewall challenged & ignorant as to how it works.? Why do most of you guys uninstall glass wire? Is it spyware or something else.?

Reactions: WinXPert

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Firewall: it either works or it doesn't; it doesn't matter who made it. Which would you feel more comfortable with: the firewall made by a $40B company, is a core part of the OS, and is used to secure enterprise networks or a firewall tacked on to make some product appear to be a better value?

GlassWire provides a user-friendly interface and a reasonable level of control without being a nuisance. It also will detect changes to files and network settings and notify you, so it's a HIDS as well. Qihoo chose wisely and they didn't reinvent the wheel with an inferior wheel.

Reactions: nissimezra and marg

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
They fear change. :eek:

I think GlassWire is the bee's knees. (unless one doesn't want to bother with firewalls/traffic and let Windows do it's thing which is a perfectly fine thing to do)

Reactions: nissimezra