(Qihoo) 360 Total Security v7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sr. Normal

The firewall should enable it to start with Windows, at least that has been my case

@Kent I cannot find any information on whether you can upgrade from earlier versions. Perhaps a clean install is best

Reactions: Kent
D

Deleted member 2913

Isn't Glasswire still in beta?

Glasswire FW added... more of a shock than surprise:eek::oops:o_O

I guess most users would not like Glasswire added as FW... Users were expecting inhouse FW.

Reactions: Piteko21

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
haha this is funny since I'm running 360TS & GlassWire anyway. Is there an option to have GlassWire prompt you on new outgoing connections?

Unfortunately, the Firewall function is GlassWire program! :mad::eek:
Why is that unfortunate? GlassWire is nice. We already have an excellent firewall: Windows Advanced Firewall, which GlassWire uses.

Is it built in or install beside? Can't say I like Glasswire since it causes connectivity problems after a while of use but still interested in what any company adds to their products.
How? It isn't actually a firewall as much as a monitor; it only creates Windows Firewall rules.

I did have to clear my data (GlassWire settings) once to keep the GlassWire UI connected (not Internet connectivity).

Does Qihoo 7 run on Win10? It doesn't specify like 6.8 does.

Reactions: Antivirus Tester

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Just when I am using XVirus along it came. Talk about the timing. Maybe I'll test this version at home. :cool:

Reactions: Antivirus Tester

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
The Firewall is running fine on my Win7 computer. Does it alert you if someone is trying to connect to my PC or does it just block it.? I am Firewall challenged & ignorant as to how it works.? Why do most of you guys uninstall glass wire? Is it spyware or something else.?

Reactions: WinXPert

Surtur

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 11, 2013
GlassWire is not spyware. The most of them are disappointed that there is no in-house fw from Qihoo.

Reactions: nissimezra

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
With 360, Windows Firewall it is enough (same with Tencent PC Manager).

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Firewall: it either works or it doesn't; it doesn't matter who made it. Which would you feel more comfortable with: the firewall made by a $40B company, is a core part of the OS, and is used to secure enterprise networks or a firewall tacked on to make some product appear to be a better value?

GlassWire provides a user-friendly interface and a reasonable level of control without being a nuisance. It also will detect changes to files and network settings and notify you, so it's a HIDS as well. Qihoo chose wisely and they didn't reinvent the wheel with an inferior wheel.

Reactions: nissimezra and marg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Question for those running the standalone paid-version of GlassWire. Can you use Qihoo 360 Total Security 7 without conflicts?

Reactions: Kent and nissimezra

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Don't like Glasswire

2Gx3gJvrC7uKi_BHyQsEfh_AKZXE9Ni7trPP6kIibQU=w702-h535

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
They fear change. :eek:

I think GlassWire is the bee's knees. (unless one doesn't want to bother with firewalls/traffic and let Windows do it's thing which is a perfectly fine thing to do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.