Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manzai

Thread author
Hello :)

Are you like ESET or Qihoo ;)

For me

ESET : Good detection, very light but bad in 0-day malware (No configuration)

Qihoo : Very good detection, light but too many false positive and update for BD and Avira engine (1 update / day )

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
ok, so let's go........
Qihoo IS is more stable with less to almost no false positives and detection rate equal and some times better than TS.
Qihoo TS is under development, has bugs, it uses high ram usage (with BD & Avira enabled).

So i will go for 360 INTERNET SECURITY for now.

Now as about 360 IS vs Eset SS
RAM USAGE : 360IS = 20 - 30MB, ESET = 90 - 100MB
System Response: BOTH the same
Detection Rate: 360IS
WEBProtection : ESET
Behavior Blocker : 360IS
PUP Detection: ESET
Support: BOTH the same
Scan Time : 360IS
Faster response to 0 day threats with new signatures: ESET
0 Day defense: 360 IS

The choice is yours

maanastr

Level 4
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
My personal experine with eset and 360 TS:
I remember 2 years before, I was using ESS. I uesd it for 2 month only,because of its one of the issue. After updation ESS, I found that, When I right clicked my system was hanged up.I was continously in contact with eset team. They were failed to reolve my proble. finally I was switched to Trend micro.
After this from the month of June of this year I again switched to Eset nod 32. No doubt it is lightweight and has strong protection.Bu sometimes I found that when I wanted to open big size image or VLC or wanted to open any hard drive of my pc, it taking long time time to open. sometimes my browsers got hanged for few second to a minute :oops::oops::oops:. I was not aware that this is due to the eset. But I realised this is haapned due to eset .becoz few days before I switched to 360 TS and these problem vanishes surprisingly :):p:p:)

Yes after using 360 TS, those big image files,vlc and system drive opens up very quickly.And feeling more lightweight than Eset :) :)

I m not too much expert comment on Eset. And yes Eset has very good protection. But I think experience is important.And as per my experience, my vote is to 360 TS.. ;) :) :) ( sorry for the bad english :(:()

Last edited:

donbosco

Level 1
Verified
Apr 27, 2014
in my choice . ESET is the famous software trademark while 360 is is new software trademark but to make and control by chiness so everyone should seem, may be by government china but should not use for user although using engine BD and Avira is very famous.
i chose ESET.thank

Reactions: gigi64 and Manzai

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
I'm aware of it. but if you dont use BD engine it dropped down and its not that bad. i'm talking about 360IS not TS.
ESET as well has a lot of FPs. If you are looking for non FPs use MSE. the best on this field. it all depending on the user, every user has different needs
I rarely see FPs from ESET, Qihoo has thousands of them. This AV is a joke.

Here everything is written
http://www.kernelmode.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3226#p22583

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would very well use ESET Nod32 or SmartSecurity, over 360 Internet Security or Total Security.

ESET is a well recognised security vendor, with a lot higher reputation than 360, especially in Europe/USA regions. I do trust this company more than a Chinese-to-English-market company.

ESET provide security solutions for Home and Business for Windows, Unix/Linux and Mac OS users, as well as mobile users. They release products that are stable and safe to use for any user. Although some users may complain that in their most recent product update, not a lot was changed. They have remained focused at improving their existing product, without having hey haven't diverted their attention to non-security features (ie. junk cleaners, browser extensions).

While ESET is a paid solution, it does (so I've read) have higher PUP detection than it's competitors. ESET also provide free tools, as bonus removal is free too.

But wait, while 360 may claim to higher detection rates and more features, it also comes with more False Positives and other software bugs (ie. mainly 360TS). Therefore, it does not get my vote.

Before I vote, the following has not affected my decision:
- Product license cost
- Detection rates
- Prevention features

Voted: ESET Nod32 Antivirus / Smart Security (for Windows).

A PC user with reasonable knowledge and Internet threat awareness, will do much better with a stable security product. And yes, it's a paid product, but they do offer Free Tools (ie. ESET Online Scanner, SysInspector).

Thanks for reading. :D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Only true AV's, at this moment, are Avast, AVG, Avira, Dr.Web, Bitdefender, F Secure (own lab, own engine), ESET, Panda, Kaspersky, Trend Micro, McAfee, Sophos and Norton. My top 3 always were ESET, Kaspersky and Norton.
Others are just copying one or more of them, using their engines, their definitions, or both, making hybrid Antivirus solutions that are too heavy or too unstable, having too false positives, and for the sanity, they are just 2 or more AV's combined together. IMO others are not comparable to these above in any possible way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.